• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

IRS: Government Thugs

"“How can this happen?” Ms. Hinders said in a recent interview. “Who takes your money before they prove that you’ve done anything wrong with it?”

The federal government does.

Using a law designed to catch drug traffickers, racketeers and terrorists by tracking their cash, the government has gone after run-of-the-mill business owners and wage earners without so much as an allegation that they have committed serious crimes. The government can take the money without ever filing a criminal complaint, and the owners are left to prove they are innocent. 

absolutely, positively unethical and immoral.

in reading more of the article, you see where the gov't has offered settlements for substantially less than they've confiscated, making the whole thing even worse. unbelievable.

i knew when they legalized civil forfiture in the 80's this would be a mess. i was told recently by a banking official that now the banks must report cash deposits of $5000 or more. How is this any of thier business?

it appears that if a law enforcement or government entity smells money on or about you, look out! nothing more than state sponsored theft on a felony level,

eminent domain is bad enough but this...

keeping my money in a matress seems like an answer but i've tried to hide from em before and believe me, you DONT want them to get the impression you are hiding any thing from them(irs, government law enforcement)

i think when when april 15 rolls around ill just tell the irs i lost all my tax records. then, in court, ill say the records were destroyed. worked for the irs testifying before congress, why not me?

Edited by shellback