• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

To those who want to trade Aybar

Stradling

See, this is why I normally defend the venters, because they all get lumped in with each other. It was probably just 1 guy who said that, and it's absolutely silly because Aybar was outstanding in the postseason this year, and great in 2009. He also doesn't have a replacement.

At least a Kendrick trade has some validity because we have a couple of in-house options, including one in Green who is perfectly capable of being an everyday 2B. 

I'm way in favor of trading Howie, but I wonder if the org would sooner put Beckham at 2B than Green. They seem down on Green for whatever reason. I've always thought he'd be an at least decent 2B, but maybe he has more holes in his game than we know.

And Iannetta was excellent. Yeah, let's get rid of all of our good players.

We could afford to bring in a good defensive catcher, which could allow Iannetta to DH on days he isn't catching.

No way do they trade Aybar. They don't have a viable option in house and the guy is on a very reasonable contract. He's a better than average hitter for his position and is great in the field. In fact, Halos should give him another 3 year extension when his current deal is up IMO

I don't see them dealing either of theri MIF duo. Both guys are underappreciated by some here. Look around MLB. Not many teams have quality hitters at both 2B/SS.

Who said anything about Aybar being traded?  Hes worth his contract just for his defense alone.  And I think he can still get better offensively, if he learns better plate discipline.  

Kendrick is the one that needs to go.  

Why ?

Find a better more consistent second baseman.

Unless, you wanna roll the dice on Green.

No way do they trade Aybar. They don't have a viable option in house and the guy is on a very reasonable contract. He's a better than average hitter for his position and is great in the field. In fact, Halos should give him another 3 year extension when his current deal is up IMO

I don't see them dealing either of theri MIF duo. Both guys are underappreciated by some here. Look around MLB. Not many teams have quality hitters at both 2B/SS.

Reasons why Kendrick is much more tradable than Aybar:

He has only one season left on deal. Aybar has two seasons left on his.

We have 2B options to go to: Beckham, Green, and Yarbrough. Same can't be said for SS.

A certain guy who used to play here and was a Red Suck in 2013/2014?

That guy is considered a first baseman now. I'll just post a list of the possible free agents and let you read between the lines.

2015 Free Agent Class - Catchers

J.P. Arencibia (29)

John Buck (34)

Ryan Doumit (34)

Nick Hundley (31) – $5MM club option

Gerald Laird (35)

Russell Martin (32)

Jeff Mathis (32) – $1.5MM club option

Wil Nieves (36)

A.J. Pierzynski (38)

David Ross (38)

Geovany Soto (32)