• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Puig Benched in an Elimination game in favor of Andre Ethier

Butcher'd

This is the answer to our problems.

Dodgers go out -- they knock out Mattingly -- then they turn to the halos and buyout/trade for Sosh.  

Ideally if we could get an arm for Sosh and a new manager, I'd forget about the last 11 years of failure in the blink of an eye.

11 years of failure? I suppose this new manager will have had success the past 11 years?

It's as easily precicatable is predicting if a different manager would have had more succes in the past.

I'll take a proven 7 out of 11 playoff appearances and take our chances over the hopes of a new manager getting the team there maybe once and winning it all.

I heard Mattingly crying about the umpiring on the radio this morning.  Even if they're right about it, and they probably are, I'm glad the Angel players and Scioscia don't talk to the press as much about ball/strike calls after a loss.  Mattingly sounded like such a baby, it was embarrassing.  How to explain Kershaw's game one loss?

So you're assuming the team would fall apart and suck without scioscia? Are you an angels fan or a mike scioscia fan?

Replacing the team with an unproven manager, there is no telling what would happen to the team. Give me the name of an experienced manager before firing Sosh just to fire Sosh.

Replacing the team with an unproven manager, there is no telling what would happen to the team. Give me the name of an experienced manager before firing Sosh just to fire Sosh.

Mike Matheny was an unproven manager until he took over the Cards and has already in his 3 seasons won almost as many games in the playoffs as Scioscia. Everyone is unproven until they are not.

Edited by tennischmp

Matheny is a great example. LaRussa leaves after winning a title. Matheny takes same team and can't win with them. Sure he gets them to the playoffs, but isn't doing better than LaRussa yet. That may change this season. We'll see.

If you are tossing aside a manager with as many accomplishments as Scioscia has had the past 13 seasons, then you better know you are bringing in someone that the players will like and lead them to a title. Because, let's face it, you are firing Sosh because he can't win a title anymore correct?

What if new inexperienced guy rubs Pujols the wrong way? What if Trout doesn't like playing for him? You want to F that up just because you think Sosh can't manage in the playoffs?

Joe Torre wasn't going to win that series vs the Royals the way the Angels were hitting. But somehow, you guys think Torre (or some other manager) was gonna sprinkle magic dust on Rasmus and Navarro and turn them into playoff heroes.

Edited by xboom28x

Matheny is a great example. LaRussa leaves after winning a title. Matheny takes same team and can't win with them. Sure he gets them to the playoffs, but isn't doing better than LaRussa yet. That may change this season. We'll see.

If you are tossing aside a manager with as many accomplishments as Scioscia has had the past 13 seasons, then you better know you are bringing in someone that the players will like and lead them to a title. Because, let's face it, you are firing Sosh because he can't win a title anymore correct?

No it's because he can't win in the playoffs anymore.

Joe Torre wasn't going to win that series vs the Royals the way the Angels were hitting. But somehow, you guys think Torre (or some other manager) was gonna sprinkle magic dust on Rasmus and Navarro and turn them into playoff heroes.

Hmm lets see, if Joe Torre doesn't play Hamilton, maybe it would be a different series. If Torre bunts Cowgill over in game 2, maybe the Angels would still be playing. If Joe Torre doesn't make Calhoun bunt with a 3-1 count, maybe the Angels would be still playing.

Maybe if the angels had a manager that prepared his team for the playoffs better, and made better use of his roster and had better in game strategy, the angels would have scored more runs. And made less bonehead plays in the field and on the basepaths.

Maybe we wouldn't be having this discussion and the angels are getting ready for the ALCS right now

No it's because he can't win in the playoffs anymore.

Hmm lets see, if Joe Torre doesn't play Hamilton, maybe it would be a different series. If Torre bunts Cowgill over in game 2, maybe the Angels would still be playing. If Joe Torre doesn't make Calhoun bunt with a 3-1 count, maybe the Angels would be still playing.

Ya, Navarro would have been a beast in place of Hamilton. And bunting guys over wasn't the reason the Angels lost. The Angels lost because no one was on base for their 4 solo HRs in the series. Had nothing to do with bunting or benching Hamilton. No other manager was going to get someone on base for those HRs. Players didn't execute. Simple as that.

Oh and lucky Aoki cost the Angels too. Torre wouldn't have made him miss that catch.

Ya, Navarro would have been a beast in place of Hamilton. And bunting guys over wasn't the reason the Angels lost. The Angels lost because no one was on base for their 4 solo HRs in the series. Had nothing to do with bunting or benching Hamilton. No other manager was going to get someone on base for those HRs. Players didn't execute. Simple as that.

Oh and lucky Aoki cost the Angels too. Torre wouldn't have made him miss that catch.

Cowgill would have been better at the plate and in the field(He might actually have made that catch in Game 1 to prevent a run). And considering they bunted 2 or 3 times to get a runner to second only for Hamilton to whiff, bunting was one of the reasons they lost. And if you get Cowgill over to 3rd with Calhoun and Trout coming up, I like my chances getting him home with a Sacrifice Fly.

if the Dodgers get bounced in this series it seems like a safe bet Mattingly will be gone. He actually seems relatively good at managing egos - that situation could have gotten truly ugly at several point this year. He's just a horrible in-game manager.

It's a safe bet that you're wrong. What do you know about in-game managing?

hilarious tennischmp. You like your chances of a sac fly because why? What did they do to prove to you that a sac fly had a high probability?

I like how you assume that bunting these guys over was going to net a run. Like it's just going to happen because you say so. If they were successfully bunted over and still didn't score, you guys would be mad at Sosh for wasting an out by bunting them over. It's a vicious cycle that never ends with you guys.

Edited by xboom28x