• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Any lowdown on Lowe?

Torridd

The only thing I want to her from Scioscia regarding Lowe, is WHY he left him in there for more than one batter.

The guy almost threw the ball into the crowd twice, had no control of anything, yet Scioscia sat there and waited until he gave up a 3 run hr before yanking him.

Pathetic.

Lowe seems like one of those guys that either has it or he doesn't for any given outing.  He's not going to work things out on the mound during any given appearance.  If this is truly the case, hopefully it gets recognized and he they have a quick hook for him.  When he's on, he's very tough.

I can see MS using him like he did Izzy last year.  Close games in the 6th where the halos are down by a run or two.  It's where we lost so many games last year turning a 1 run deficit into 4. 

We need Madsen back so everyone can shift down and you can mix and match a little better starting in the 6th.  Downs vs. Moreland, Soto, and Martin is a better matchup imo. 

6th and 7th should be Downs, Lowe, Richards

7th and 8th should be Richards, Jep, Frieri, Burnett

9th Madsen.  (Maybe Burnett starts it if there is a tough lefty and he ends the 8th) 

With all the new pen guys, it's gonna take a couple of weeks for the coaching staff to get a better feel for who to put in and when.  Especially because Lowe arrived late spring for the halos. 

I think the answer here is because relievers have bad days.

And that's especially true when you're talking about a reliever who is the caliber of Mark Lowe.

I don't think there needs to be a deeper explanation than that.

agreed although with Lowe it seems like you can get a good idea of that bad day coming from the first couple of batters and that he shouldn't be given much of a chance to 'figure things out'.

Yes, relievers have bad days. He was bad when he came into the game. He was bad to every batter he faced.

A manager who has been in the game for 40 years shouldn't have to wait until the guy gives up all the baserunners AND 3 run hr before hes notices the guy is having a "bad day".

Bad day is a very polite way of putting what Lowe showed yesterday into words, my choice would not be so kind. 

agreed although with Lowe it seems like you can get a good idea of that bad day coming from the first couple of batters and that he shouldn't be given much of a chance to 'figure things out'.

Oh ya, I agree with that. It was clear Lowe just didn't have it yesterday before Kinsler came up to the plate and there didn't seem to be much reason to think that Kinsler AB wouldn't end poorly. It was just a matter of how poorly. 

Watching Lowe the past couple season he was frustrating. Could throw 100 but it was the most hittable 100 I've ever seen. He had a few stretches where he pitched really well, but I was never confident when he entered the game. Kind of how many of you felt when Walden entered games last season, or how we now feel about Jason Frasor.