• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I love me some Cowgill

QuinlansMinion

He plays hard, plays with a lot of intensity, and has good at bats.  Has some decent power it seems.  Has had some clutch moments this season for sure.  And I saw his pregame interview, hes a great teammate.  I hope he stays as a 4th outfielder for a long time, or potentially some day becoming a fixture in LF while rotating DH with Hamilton.

At the time of the trade for Cowgill i didn't really get it, we had a ton of outfielders already with shuck, bourjos, trout, hamilton, trumbo. But i guess Dipoto knew what he was doing as it didn't seem to cost much at all. Kyle Johnson who we gave up has been a bust and is only 4 years younger.      But as good as Cowgill has been he's still only got a .700 ops so the people who want him to start over Hamilton full time are a bit out there.

At the time of the trade for Cowgill i didn't really get it, we had a ton of outfielders already with shuck, bourjos, trout, hamilton, trumbo. But i guess Dipoto knew what he was doing as it didn't seem to cost much at all. Kyle Johnson who we gave up has been a bust and is only 4 years younger.      But as good as Cowgill has been he's still only got a .700 ops so the people who want him to start over Hamilton full time are a bit out there.

DiPoto has been good with under the radar moves---Cowgill, DeLaRosa, Green, Rasmus.....

The reason is that Cowgill is a  surprise.  He is playing better than expected.  Meanwhile Hamilton and player worse than expected.  But your right, as bad as Hamilton is playing its better than Cowgill.

Cowgill is effective in his current role.  I'm fine with him in the dosages we've seen so far.  There's a reason he's not starting for a team somewhere in MLB...

He's got a great attitude and again - he's great in his role as a 4th OF.