• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's trade for Adam Dunn

the irony of this after accusing us of desperation is palpable. 
getting jaso back was one thing, who are they now going to bench for Dunn?  some combination of Gomes and/or Fuld i assume?  where will they play Jaso?

This team has more pieces than a jigsaw puzzle... im officially pulling for the Ms to catch them and see them completely miss the post.

So we are ok with this move because he sucks?

I think we should be indifferent about it because he's not really much of anything.  He's got pop but little positional flexibility and unless he's DHing he's negatively impacting the defense in a massive way.  I know a lot of people have issues with WAR and how it goes about things but Dunn has managed a 0.1 WAR this year...   That's the same figure as JB Shuck and Luis Jimenez this year.   Last year the guy hit 34 bombs and still posted a negative WAR.

He's a better fantasy baseball player than real life BB player these days.

I'm outraged with Hamilton and his show up when he feels like it approach to the game. There's definitely something not Trout or Erstad about him.

I love this topic with Claude. So if he had the exact same stats but looked like he was trying harder then you would like him? He certainly lollygagged while making that diving play a couple of nights ago.

Come on Strad, everybody loved Bourjos because he tried.

I agree, but Hamilton doesn't have a show up when he feels like it approach to the game. That is how you read it, but it's not like he doesn't care. He swings at a lot of first pitches, because in his career he hits something like .400 on first pitches. So if he does that and flies out, you act like he just wants to get his at bat over with. Its how you see the game, but it isn't the reality of the situation. He is overpaid, but that money has nothing to do with his poor performance, but you will bring that up more often than necessary.

This is the first thing I read on my phone when I woke up this morning (thank you bleacher report) and my first thought was "wow, i thought WE were desperate". My whole hold up on any of the starting pitchers available after waivers cleared was that they all were mediocre, owed a lot of money and past their prime. That reads as desperate and it's kind of embarrassing to trade prospects for players like that.

I think Adam Dunn is one of those trades. 

Dunn specifically didn't want to be traded to the Athletics but waived it because he wants to be a part of a postseason team. So it's not like he's revved up to be going to Oakland plus his batting average is .220. 

I can't imagine they are expecting him to be an impact trade. They're grasping at straws for ways to wake up their offense. You never know though... Beckham has contributed in a way I didn't expect him to. 

Love people calling this a desperation or panic move.  They gave up a 23-year old High A reliever to get a guy who's a free agent at the end of the year.  If he helps them out, they look smart.  If he continues to slump, no big deal, they'll move on.

If the Angels made a move like this to increase depth or give the team a little more punch, people would be loving it.

Love people calling this a desperation or panic move.  They gave up a 23-year old High A reliever to get a guy who's a free agent at the end of the year.  If he helps them out, they look smart.  If he continues to slump, no big deal, they'll move on.

If the Angels made a move like this to increase depth or give the team a little more punch, people would be loving it.

not when you make that move a month after trading away a similar player.

I agree, but Hamilton doesn't have a show up when he feels like it approach to the game. That is how you read it, but it's not like he doesn't care. He swings at a lot of first pitches, because in his career he hits something like .400 on first pitches. So if he does that and flies out, you act like he just wants to get his at bat over with. Its how you see the game, but it isn't the reality of the situation. He is overpaid, but that money has nothing to do with his poor performance, but you will bring that up more often than necessary.

^yes^ 

i dont think anything they do would be considered negative to you , but why go out and get a power hitter right after trading one if you didnt realize you screwed up...

I have no idea why you would say that.

My point is that even if they realize they "screwed up," I'm still not sure how this is a panic or desperation move, given what they gave up to get Dunn.  If they had traded Sonny Gray for him, then, yeah, panic/desperation.

Edited by jsnpritchett

offset loss of Cespedes.. isnt that what Gomes and Fuld were supposed to do?
When the trade was made you guys all told me how they would perhaps even be better with the platoon...

I get they didnt give up much but what did they gain?  Who do they bench, what do they do with Jaso when hes ready...   Are they trying to set a record for platooning at every position on the field ?

All these deals have bit them in the butt.. they lost thier offense, and the pitchers have been beaten by the teams they were supposed to beat.  Right now they are demoralized, i wouldn't be shocked if we blew them out today.