• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's trade for Adam Dunn

This is an absolute low risk move, and I like it for them. I wouldn't expect Dunn plays full time, though.

The plus sued for the A's is bringing in this huge gigantic power bat off the bench late in the game. He's always a threat to go deep. If he hits two or three late inning homers to help them win, that could be a huge, huge difference maker.

Whether or not it's a desperation move doesn't matter. If he helps them win a few more games and is available for the playoffs, advantage A's.

The voice of reason has chimed in. 

Uh, no. They made a move that they thought would strengthen them.

Were the Angels "desperate" when they traded for Street, Thatcher, and Grilli, or were they doing something that they thought would better the team?

The Angels gave up rondons for Street and the A's gave up their cleanup hitter.........

There is no GM in their right mind would trade away major piece of their big league roster during a playoff run, unless.........he is desperate.

Edited by Sherlock31

This is an absolute low risk move, and I like it for them. I wouldn't expect Dunn plays full time, though.

The plus side for the A's is bringing in this huge gigantic power bat off the bench late in the game. He's always a threat to go deep. If he hits two or three late inning homers to help them win, that could be a huge, huge difference maker.

Whether or not it's a desperation move doesn't matter. If he helps them win a few more games and is available for the playoffs, advantage A's.

And if he hits to his second half splits, advantage Angels.

I think the A's would have been better served with bringing up a kid from their minors to fill an offensive gap. They could have pulled up CF Shane Peterson from the River Cats that has a .836 OPS.

Uh, no. They made a move that they thought would strengthen them.

Were the Angels "desperate" when they traded for Street, Thatcher, and Grilli, or were they doing something that they thought would better the team?

Street was desperation since they couldn't find a way to close out games. The other two were just opportunities to strengthen the bullpen without costing themselves much.

And if he hits to his second half splits, advantage Angels.

I think the A's would have been better served with bringing up a kid from their minors to fill an offensive gap. They could have pulled up CF Shane Peterson from the River Cats that has a .836 OPS.

Yes, they could have. I'm guessing they chose experience this time around. Next time, maybe not.

Are they calling up Peterson tomorrow?

i don't think the question is whether or not dunn's acquisition is a panic move. i think the question is, are the A's as a team in a desperate spot? for me, the answer is yes or damn close to it. if the angels can sweep them today, then the A's are going to leave a demoralized team, with very few opportunities to control their own fate. i saw their bench last night after the game and they were bumming hard. another loss today can help cement that and an A's victory will help to relieve that as they leave town.

dunn, cespedes, lester, sam or otherwise, things have not gone according to design for the A's since the trading deadline.

Nor am I, I was just making the Babe Ruth joke. I like McDonald on the roster more than Beckham.

if mcdonald is used correctly, which is to say for his glove rather than his bat. don't be surprised if he saves a game for us in the playoffs. he's not much with the bat, but he's an amazing glovehand.