• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's trade for Adam Dunn

Huh! They thought they have everything they need for a deep playoff run.  then they went on a 11-16 slump and lost the first 3 games of the 4 games series against the rival Angels, so they go out and grab a mid 30 .220 hitter on the last day of the deadline, if that is not a panic move, I don't know what is it? 

Huh! They thought they have everything they need for a deep playoff run.  then they went on a 11-16 slump and lost the first 3 games of the 4 games series against the rival Angels, so they go out and grab a mid 30 .220 hitter on the last day of the deadline, if that is not a panic move, I don't know what is it? 

The Angels got a .220 hitter a few days before the deadline.  Was that a panic move? 

offset loss of Cespedes.. isnt that what Gomes and Fuld were supposed to do?

When the trade was made you guys all told me how they would perhaps even be better with the platoon...

I get they didnt give up much but what did they gain? Who do they bench, what do they do with Jaso when hes ready... Are they trying to set a record for platooning at every position on the field ?

All these deals have bit them in the butt.. they lost thier offense, and the pitchers have been beaten by the teams they were supposed to beat. Right now they are demoralized, i wouldn't be shocked if we blew them out today.

If we blow them out today it will have nothing to do with the acquisition of Dunn.

scanned the posts there on this thread -- agree with most of them -- this is a very un-like Billy Beane desperation move here.

Dunn is terrible, although I think he's heated up a bit lately and thought I saw a box score from Friday or Saturday where he hit HR number 20 on the season.

But Dunn is terrible, strikes out a lot and when he's not striking out he's a real threat to end any rally with a GIDP........he's a pure DH who tries to play the field once in a while and it just proves why he should be a pure DH.

I continue to believe the A's made a big mistake by trading away the guy who sparked their offense and was the spark plug of their team -- Cespedes.

Getting Dunn doesn't solve that.

I have no idea why you would say that.

My point is that even if they realize they "screwed up," I'm still not sure how this is a panic or desperation move, given what they gave up to get Dunn.  If they had traded Sonny Gray for him, then, yeah, panic/desperation.

I wish they traded Sonny Gray... to us... for some useless prospect. 

scanned the posts there on this thread -- agree with most of them -- this is a very un-like Billy Beane desperation move here.

Dunn is terrible, although I think he's heated up a bit lately and thought I saw a box score from Friday or Saturday where he hit HR number 20 on the season.

But Dunn is terrible, strikes out a lot and when he's not striking out he's a real threat to end any rally with a GIDP........he's a pure DH who tries to play the field once in a while and it just proves why he should be a pure DH.

I continue to believe the A's made a big mistake by trading away the guy who sparked their offense and was the spark plug of their team -- Cespedes.

Getting Dunn doesn't solve that.

No, he's 4 for his last 29

Edited by Sherlock31

I have no idea why you would say that.

My point is that even if they realize they "screwed up," I'm still not sure how this is a panic or desperation move, given what they gave up to get Dunn.  If they had traded Sonny Gray for him, then, yeah, panic/desperation.

So you do admit they are desperate, because they did trade Cespede for Lester

This is an absolute low risk move, and I like it for them. I wouldn't expect Dunn plays full time, though.

The plus side for the A's is bringing in this huge gigantic power bat off the bench late in the game. He's always a threat to go deep. If he hits two or three late inning homers to help them win, that could be a huge, huge difference maker.

Whether or not it's a desperation move doesn't matter. If he helps them win a few more games and is available for the playoffs, advantage A's.

Edited by Tank