• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout is a shell of himself right now

ghoetke

Trout always takes the first pitch now. Why? Is this what Baylor and Scoiscia want. The opposing pitchers simply throw the first pitch to Trout right down the middle for the called strike. That leaves him only two strikes to work with and the pitchers in are in control. Something's wrong right now. He's good for 2-3 strikeouts every game. At that clip, he will be close to 200 K's by the end of the season.

Not want you want from any hitter especially one batting second in the order.

Miguel Cabrera his 44 hrs in back to back seasons in which he was selected the AL MVP. I think that Trout was trying to hit too many home runs this season and got away from what makes him the best player in basball. Jose Abreu hit another 3-run shot today so the MVP selection could get interesting.

here is the problem with Mike Trout this year.  

http://www.fangraphs.com/statsplits.aspx?playerid=10155&position=OF&season=0&split=4.9

Some of this may have to do with how he's being pitched, but he needs to find a way to go back to hitting the ball from gap to gap and going the other way.  Especially when he's behind in the count which is quite often.  

Some of this may have to do with how he's being pitched, but he needs to find a way to go back to hitting the ball from gap to gap and going the other way.  Especially when he's behind in the count which is quite often.  

He does seem to be trying to pull the ball a lot more, as opposed to when he was most successful and he used the entire field.

Has Trout's WAR even been above replacement level since the ASB (34 games)?

Pretty unimaginable.

Trout has put up 0.4 WAR since the break. That's on pace for 1.8 WAR in 162 games. 

Calhoun is best on the team in that period at 0.7 WAR. 

Hamilton, Navarro, McDonald, Cron, Boesch and Conger are all sub replacement.  

Edited by ScottLux

Bow and Arrow Karma. 

Well not really but I was surprised to see Mike Trout do that. I've always put Trout in the Jeter category in terms of professionalism. With Pujols I wasn't surprised. Rodney is a dumb ass but they should have avoided stooping to his level. 

I still love what Mike Trout gives us but maybe he's just getting tired. He's been carrying this team for 2+ seasons with very little help from the fat cats. I'm sure that being forced to protect Pujols in the lineup doesn't help. 

​Mike Trout is hitting .210 since the infamous Bow and Arrow. 

Bow and Arrow Karma. 

Well not really but I was surprised to see Mike Trout do that. I've always put Trout in the Jeter category in terms of professionalism. With Pujols I wasn't surprised. Rodney is a dumb ass but they should have avoided stooping to his level. 

I still love what Mike Trout gives us but maybe he's just getting tired. He's been carrying this team for 2+ seasons with very little help from the fat cats. I'm sure that being forced to protect Pujols in the lineup doesn't help. 

​Mike Trout is hitting .210 since the infamous Bow and Arrow. 

You do know there is no such thing as instant karma, right?  Karma from this life is applied to the next life.  

Trout has ALWAYS taken the first pitch in every at-bat.  You can set your clock by it.

I sat up close on the first base side in a recent game and watched Trout look at first-pitch strikes down the heart of the plate. I recall it was every single at-bat.

It's not right, what he's doing. The pitcher gets a guaranteed first strike almost every time. A hitter will never succeed if he doesn't adjust to that.

I think Babe Ruth would have a slump like this if he were his age under these conditions.  Every team now focuses on Trout who does not have enugh experience to understand how to adjust.  I think his troubles would be minimal if Pujols and Hamilton actually represented threats, but since they do not, Trout is an island in the lineup.  If Trout saw the same pitches that Pujols and Hamilton do, he would be leading in all offensive catagories.

He would crush the balls that pitchers give Pujols and walk with the pitches given to Hamilton.

I think he's trying to pull the ball and hit for power too much. If he hits gap to gap and goes the opposite way, as has been stated upthread, he is wildly effective.

Needs to reset his swing to compact, figure out a strategy for the inside stuff, and focus on making contact....and forget about the MVP circus sideshow.