• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ferguson Unrest

Former Missouri police officer, Jeff Roorda, on the St. Louis Rams this weekend:

“All week long, the Rams and the NFL were on the phone with the St. Louis Police Department asking for assurances that the players and the fans would be kept safe from the violent protesters who had rioted, looted, and burned buildings in Ferguson,” SLPOA Business Manager Jeff Roorda said, via KSDK.com.  “Our officers have been working 12-hour shifts for over a week, they had days off including Thanksgiving cancelled so that they could defend this community from those on the streets that perpetuate this myth that Michael Brown was executed by a brother police officer and then, as the players and their fans sit safely in their dome under the watchful protection of hundreds of St. Louis’s finest, they take to the turf to call a now-exonerated officer a murderer, that is way out-of-bounds, to put it in football parlance.”

Which is an okay perspective, but I find it funny that he makes this statement when he was fired from the force for falsifying statements.

What kills me most is the fact the hands up thing has been proven to be false by the autopsy...and dumbass people are still buying into it

Call the cop a liar, fine. Call the witnesses (who are also black) liars....eh, sure.......call all of them full of shit, including the 3 seperate medical examiners who say its false, but believe browns friend and ambulance chasing lawyers?...

This whole thing started with a lie, one that enraged a huge segment of the population, and those who believe it are still too lazy to correct it in their own heads.

What a piece of shit. Acting like a little child.

This stupid shut happens every hour of every day unfortunately. To the outside observer (if theyre of the anti PD side), theyll see the cops harrassing this guy.

I have no clue what the facts are, but im going with the walmart store called the police there....this isnt random. The guy only has to simply show the receipt and the whole thing would be over in 2 seconds....

Im going with he did the common 'ill buy a few things and steal a few others' and the loss prevention people who were watching him noticed it and called the police. Reality is the cops would be totally within their powers to handcuff that guy (who is threatening to resist) to simply confirm whether or not a crime was commited, a d im betting one did (again, these things arent random), but the guy is going to get away with it because they want to avoid bad publicity with whats going on right now.

To be fair, the guy could also be torally innocent and maybe the cop just spotted him and holds a grudge. Who knows without what led to that point. But it looked like the walmart staff tried to stop him from leaving....so im going with they know this guy just stole a merchandise and they watched the whole thing and called the police.

What kills me most is the fact the hands up thing has been proven to be false by the autopsy...and dumbass people are still buying into it

Call the cop a liar, fine. Call the witnesses (who are also black) liars....eh, sure.......call all of them full of shit, including the 3 seperate medical examiners who say its false, but believe browns friend and ambulance chasing lawyers?...

This whole thing started with a lie, one that enraged a huge segment of the population, and those who believe it are still too lazy to correct it in their own heads.

Don't you know.  The expert medical examiner that's on all the news stations, especially on CNN, isn't even a medical examiner.  And he said he is in direct cahoots with prominent medical examiners, who have said no he doesn't.  And who says he has a doctorate, where he only has a bachelors degree.  Also he said he is a professor, but no schools show him as a professor.  Now he says he is an unpaid professor, where the school he is said to teach at says they haven't even heard of him.  

His evidence is the believable one, and the only truth.  

Is it over yet? Or is CNN still out there

Still there. And still starting every story on it (as with just about every story) with 'brown, an unarmed black teenager, shot by wilson, a white cop.'

If the police report said 'brown, a large black man, assaulted a non black man while robbing him', not only would the police get slammed in court for bias, they would also be sued for obvious racial undertones.....

The autopsy doesn't corroborate either story. 

I have absolutely no doubt that things escalated due in part to the officer's actions. If you believe that Brown approached Wilson's car and just started pummeling him then why shouldn't you believe that Wilson accosted and grabbed Brown? The problem is that we have only one side of the story and people are much too willing to take this guy's words at face value. 

The autopsy shows all the tounds that hit brown (aside feom the head shot) were to the front of browns arm....which couldnt happen if browns hands were up.

Try it for yourself (might need to doslocate your shoulder though)

Cop escalated it huh? Like when he did his job? You can disregard the cop recognizing brown as the robbeery suspect, fine. He still had a right to detain brown for jaywalking did he not?

Be kind of hard to leave your blood in the car after being shot 50 feet away, like johnson originally claimed...and correct me if im wrong, but didnt they find traces of browns dna on wilsons gun?

Gotta ask yourself...why didnt the cop shoot both of them? Its almost like brown...did something he shouldnt have done. And scientifically raising his hands was not one of them, sorry.

The cop could be full of shit. We already know johnson is (based on physical evidence). What about the courtroom testimony of witnesses? Them too?...

Seriously, why would anyone be detained for jaywalking?  I have absolutely no idea how things transpired that evening so here is my completely uneducated, meaningless and almost positively incorrect guess on how it might have started.

Cops see black folk walking down the street and decide to hassle them because well, they are black.  Kids don't want to be hassled because, well, they just robbed a store.  Words are said, threats are made and things escalate.  The fact that Wilson has quit and will not receive any pension money kind of says something.

The autopsy shows all the tounds that hit brown (aside feom the head shot) were to the front of browns arm....which couldnt happen if browns hands were up.

Try it for yourself (might need to doslocate your shoulder though)

Cop escalated it huh? Like when he did his job? You can disregard the cop recognizing brown as the robbeery suspect, fine. He still had a right to detain brown for jaywalking did he not?

Be kind of hard to leave your blood in the car after being shot 50 feet away, like johnson originally claimed...and correct me if im wrong, but didnt they find traces of browns dna on wilsons gun?

Gotta ask yourself...why didnt the cop shoot both of them? Its almost like brown...did something he shouldnt have done. And scientifically raising his hands was not one of them, sorry.

The cop could be full of shit. We already know johnson is (based on physical evidence). What about the courtroom testimony of witnesses? Them too?...

It's a magic bullet and punch.  Brown, stretch arm stronged from 50 feet away to punch Wilson.  Wilson then shot him with magic bullets, that passed Brown since his back was turned, then turned around and hit him in the front, going through him, and grazing Wilson's gun on the way back, after then wiping Browns blood inside the squad vehicle.  The bullet then turned around, and passed Brown yet again, did another u turn to dislodge in the wound.

It makes total sense.  

Why Charles Barkley supports the Ferguson grand jury decision

I think he hit the nail on the head though.

"I can’t believe anything I hear on television anymore. And, that’s why I don’t like talking about race issues with the media anymore, because they (the media) love this stuff, and lead people to jump to conclusions. The media shouldn’t do that. They never do that when black people kill each other. " 

Seriously, why would anyone be detained for jaywalking? I have absolutely no idea how things transpired that evening so here is my completely uneducated, meaningless and almost positively incorrect guess on how it might have started.

Cops see black folk walking down the street and decide to hassle them because well, they are black. Kids don't want to be hassled because, well, they just robbed a store. Words are said, threats are made and things escalate. The fact that Wilson has quit and will not receive any pension money kind of says something.

Wasn't Wilson responding to the robbery? If so he had every reason to detain them. Even if he wasn't, detaining someone who disobeys a police officer's orders is pretty common. What should he have done? Said "oh well, guess they don't wanna listen to me. I'll go get a donut now"?

Was the fact they were black a big part of it? Yeah probably. But if I was walking down the middle of the street and a cop asked me to get on the sidewalk and I ignored him or told him to **** off or whatever happened in this case, you bet your ass he'd detain me and probably give me a ticket.

As for him quitting "saying something", what does it say? Do you really think he'd willingly go back out and patrol the streets of Ferguson after this? Even if he is 100% innocent in this, he'd have a huge target on his back. To me, him quitting says he's not a complete idiot.

It's a magic bullet and punch.  Brown, stretch arm stronged from 50 feet away to punch Wilson.  Wilson then shot him with magic bullets, that passed Brown since his back was turned, then turned around and hit him in the front, going through him, and grazing Wilson's gun on the way back, after then wiping Browns blood inside the squad vehicle.  The bullet then turned around, and passed Brown yet again, did another u turn to dislodge in the wound.

It makes total sense.  

j-f-k-1991-05-g.jpg

If you read the grand jury testimony you can easily tell why he wasn't indicted.  He had a big dude that just robbed a store beating on him and preventing him from getting out of his police car.

If you take a cursory look at the comments from Middle America, you can easily tell why he wasn't indicted. 

Much of Wilson's testimony was designed to paint Brown as a suicidal aggressor and to retroactively connect Brown to a robbery. The dude had a long time to get his story straight and his account sounds entirely too rehearsed and matter-of-fact. It's likely that they mouthed off to either other, Wilson put his hands on Brown (in this case, a civilian has the right to defend himself against excessive force) and things just escalated from there. But again, we don't have the full story because the other guy is dead. 

The sad truth is that there was no interest in pursuing a trial. 

Wasn't Wilson responding to the robbery? If so he had every reason to detain them. Even if he wasn't, detaining someone who disobeys a police officer's orders is pretty common. What should he have done? Said "oh well, guess they don't wanna listen to me. I'll go get a donut now"?

Was the fact they were black a big part of it? Yeah probably. But if I was walking down the middle of the street and a cop asked me to get on the sidewalk and I ignored him or told him to **** off or whatever happened in this case, you bet your ass he'd detain me and probably give me a ticket.

As for him quitting "saying something", what does it say? Do you really think he'd willingly go back out and patrol the streets of Ferguson after this? Even if he is 100% innocent in this, he'd have a huge target on his back. To me, him quitting says he's not a complete idiot.

lol, even when I try to say it was an uneducated lame guess peeps still get uppity.

I thought the cop was responding to a suspect of a store robbery?

Just an observation, but that theft video shows a kid that doesn't give a ****. It wouldn't surprise me if the cop saw the description called in and tried to stop the dudes and he was pulling the "stopping a black guy card".

The only thing the cop resigning says is that the case was too high profile for him to go back to work in that city. He'll take a few years off and go back to work in some state like Idaho or Wyoming.

Seriously, why would anyone be detained for jaywalking? I have absolutely no idea how things transpired that evening so here is my completely uneducated, meaningless and almost positively incorrect guess on how it might have started.

Cops see black folk walking down the street and decide to hassle them because well, they are black. Kids don't want to be hassled because, well, they just robbed a store. Words are said, threats are made and things escalate. The fact that Wilson has quit and will not receive any pension money kind of says something.

Because jaywalking is a crime. Its a simple infraction, its not a misdemeanor or a felony. Ut its like saying why would a cop stop you for speeding, or running a red light. Detained simply means youre not free to leave until after the investigation is done, be it a tocket, question to arrest etc. If it was a consenual encounter its a different story. You can simply walk away. But if youre being detained for breaking the law (regardless of if we consider it cheesy or not) its no longer consensual.

Its a popupar notion that cops stop people because theyre black (or mexican, asian, etc)....thing is when everyone in the area is black, why would certain ones stand out? Kind of hard to stop someone who isnt black is there arent many non black (or whatever) in a certain area.

Because jaywalking is a crime. Its a simple infraction, its not a misdemeanor or a felony. Ut its like saying why would a cop stop you for speeding, or running a red light. Detained simply means youre not free to leave until after the investigation is done, be it a tocket, question to arrest etc. If it was a consenual encounter its a different story. You can simply walk away. But if youre being detained for breaking the law (regardless of if we consider it cheesy or not) its no longer consensual.

Its a popupar notion that cops stop people because theyre black (or mexican, asian, etc)....thing is when everyone in the area is black, why would certain ones stand out? Kind of hard to stop someone who isnt black is there arent many non black (or whatever) in a certain area.

Look, please don't try to insinuate that blacks are not treated differently by law enforcement.  That is a joke.  What happened that night, who knows for sure?  But I don't think anyone honestly looking at life these days doesn't understand that blacks often times get a raw deal from the justice system simply because they are black.

If you take a cursory look at the comments from Middle America, you can easily tell why he wasn't indicted.

Much of Wilson's testimony was designed to paint Brown as a suicidal aggressor and to retroactively connect Brown to a robbery. The dude had a long time to get his story straight and his account sounds entirely too rehearsed and matter-of-fact. It's likely that they mouthed off to either other, Wilson put his hands on Brown (in this case, a civilian has the right to defend himself against excessive force) and things just escalated from there. But again, we don't have the full story because the other guy is dead.

The sad truth is that there was no interest in pursuing a trial.

Youre complete lack of understanding of the law, and insistence that you do, is comical flute.

Sad that there was never interest in pursuing a trial? No. Its sad that any idiot would think a crime occured after none obviously had.

Take 5 minutes to read up on the evidence, not facebook memes. If you think you have a right to fight the police while detained, i would suggest you google your own state laws before trying it...

Again i ask you, if wilson is lying (and for the dake of argument lets say he is), then why not johnson? Becsuse correct me if im wrong, but the physical evidence supports wilsons story...and blows johnsons out of the water.

Like i said, his hands werent up, nor was he shot in the back....which werenthe two specific things that pissed everyone off at the beginning of all of this, based completely off of what johnson said happened.

Seriously, why would anyone be detained for jaywalking?  I have absolutely no idea how things transpired that evening so here is my completely uneducated, meaningless and almost positively incorrect guess on how it might have started.

Cops see black folk walking down the street and decide to hassle them because well, they are black.  Kids don't want to be hassled because, well, they just robbed a store.  Words are said, threats are made and things escalate.  The fact that Wilson has quit and will not receive any pension money kind of says something.

It says that you are ignorant on the subject...

And, he resigned because of death-threats; he cannot possibly work (or even probably live) there anymore.

Feel free to read the Grand Jury transcripts and return with a comment of value.