• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ferguson Unrest

I think you're going to see that any time different races are involved. I also don't think it's one race on one side and one on another, it's mainly black folks feeling a bunch of constant injustice mixed with a healthy dose of no accountability. I agree they get way out of line and shit is propagated by assholes like Sharpton and Jackson, plus the media (as I'm typing this CNN just called tonights relatively peaceful protests "racially charged").

There was also protest and rioting/issues with white on white or I remember us talking about a black on black issue, hell, even cops versus the homeless as mentioned here.

It went from the Rodney King shit that was a racial divide to now being more about cops abusing authority. Sure you have some ignorant mooks that think it's racism or kill whitey, but those numbers are small in comparison to those more interested in justice and control over cops......similar to the peaceful types to those that were out of line last night.

Things like having a black president and prominent black figures really negated the whole everyone versus blacks, but you're going to have those that think it still exists....these people probably think slavery affects them now or that the system or others are holding them back opposed to their actions.

You're right, it's not all one race versus the other but you'll see a pretty big discrepancy when watching a Michael Brown shooting protest and a Darren Wilson rally. As you pointed out, whenever you have two separate races involved in something like this, these things come up. I agree with several of the points you raise.

If you read the PDF that Nate posted the officer explains that they have a limited number of tasers in the unit and he usually chooses not to carry one because it's heavy and bulky on his belt and his mace was positioned on his belt in a spot he couldn't reach without exposing himself to getting punched..

What he did once the confrontation began I can understand. How he put himself in the position he did I cannot understand. He said he chose to engage them assuming backup was seconds away. If that's the case he could have waited. He should have waited. He was caught off guard which to me is the inexcusable part. He fired the second shot with his head turned away from the target and his eyes closed. Even if he's not a murderer he's a terrible cop.

Edited by arch stanton

Going on a different angle.  But how much of this is the fault of the media, mainly CNN?  

Because every time I turn on CNN, they are ignoring the facts of the case, and say the people are rioting.  They focus on the riots, and not on what evidence came up.  And every time they show a picture of brown, it's not the current picture where he is 6 something close to 300 lbs.  It's when he was like 13, looking cute with headphones on.  

It's like CNN is trying to play Elliot Carver in Tomorrow Never Dies, and step by step they are trying to make the news to fit their sensational agenda.  Poke that bear, nope no sensationalism.  Poke that bear, nope no sensationalism.  Poke that bear, wait did he flinch.  Everyone come here, keep poking him and poking him, until the bear wakes up, then keep poking him until he mauls someone, then it's bear mauls people, bears are dangerous, everyone arm yourselves against bears.

I think two things that I at least find encouraging about this unfortunate event is that society seems to be more aware of media sensationalism and there is more of a sense this is a justice issue and not really a racial one.

I'm glad that DA that spoke mentioned the 24 hour news cycle, social media, etc. He was right and the backlash by news outlets and how upset they were is very telling.

Even the white people jokes on social media aren't as racial or wedging a divide and more about how a certain group handles various situations.

I think two things that I at least find encouraging about this unfortunate event is that society seems to be more aware of media sensationalism and there is more of a sense this is a justice issue and not really a racial one.

for my african american friends, this is INDEED a racial issue. there is also a justice issue to it, but for them it's been an absolute racial issue.

As far as the media,

I have yet to read a story, mainstream media, blog or otherwise, that doesnt start with 'brown, an unarmed black man shot by white cop'. The vice versa is that if lets say the shooting doesnt happen, brown is arrested for the robbery, and the report said 'suspect brown, a large black man, attacked a white storekeeper', the case would be thrown out (cases are dropped daily) for bias. Not to mention a pay per diem lawyer would run to the media, start a lawsuit and claim racial bias......

Also, i keep seeing the same few talking heads on cnn who keep dropping the race card. They keep fluffing things which are irrelevant. Such as the ratio of black cops to the population (a decade ago white and blacks were 50/50 there, in the 90s about 70 percent white). But more so are the little tidbitd about tazers, tactics, etc. Bottom line is very simple, the cop was well within his rights to detain brown and the other guy. He saw a violation, suspected them to be suspects in another. If one (either) decides to resist it only comes down to reasonableness. If brown in fact attacked him (which the evidence like blood inside the vehicle point to), its reasonable that the officer was in fear for his safety.

I heard congresswoman bass (Ca) regurgitate the same tired BS this morning 'since when can a cop kill you for stealing cigars'. Well, except thats not why he was shot. And why his buddy wasnt shot. Brown was shot because he tried to fight the cop. Since when has that been the law?....forever.

The problem (media wise) is they keep interviewing people who either are clueless to the law (media types, community leaders, etc), or people with an agenda, such as the family attorney (who is laughabke on knowledge of the law). The lazy will listen to these people and assume its gospel, the same people who like facebook memes believing obama is taking firearms. The reality of the laws are easy to find on google....

But to say the cop didnt have to shoot is subjective. Theres often an alternative ( ut not always). But from where i sit, if brown indeed (assuming its what happened) attzcked in the car, yes, he ws clesr to shoot. If after that, brown decided to charge the cop (again, assuming thats what happened), yes, he ws clesr to shoot