• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New lineup needed!!!!

He'd be great on the bases ahead of Trout

Okay, even taking Trout's slump into consideration, how about this one? Granted Calhoun might not be ready for a move to cleanup, and it might take some of his baserunning away.

Trout

Iannetta

Pujols

Calhoun

Freese

Kendrick

Hackilton

Aybar

DH (Why not? The production isn't much from this spot for the past month.)

How about just leaving the lineup with the best record in baseball alone?

Yes, and also with one of the worse OBPs in the AL since the ASB.

Is not one of the goals of a team to maximize the lineup production?

I know that the other side of that is a hitter's comfort zone with a specific spot in the order, like Pujols always wanting to hit 3rd, and that the mental part of a lineup spot change for a hitter could potentially override the benefit thought to exist from the change.

All I know is, while yes they have averaged some 5 runs a game in this much needed 4 game winning streak, the runs were scored against two questionable pitching staffs including the Rangers having the worst ERA in the AL.

The overall body of work vs a year ago is prohibitively better, and yes that is the desired result; and yes finally catching the A's was not what I was expecting, when they came close a few times earlier only to fall back.

This offense though has to come out of this one month funk, and I am not sure that they have truly done so yet. Taking Hamilton out of the cleanup spot would definitely help that along. I will be happy with that alone for now.

Okay, even taking Trout's slump into consideration, how about this one? Granted Calhoun might not be ready for a move to cleanup, and it might take some of his baserunning away.

Trout

Iannetta

Pujols

Calhoun

Freese

Kendrick

Hackilton

Aybar

DH (Why not? The production isn't much from this spot for the past month.)

Yeah, let's move the guy batting .312 with a .891 ops from the leadoff spot down a few spots.

Brilliant idea

I have no problem with the line up except for the person in the middle who seems to strike out 60% of the time.  I guess I should look at it on the bright side; he makes the pitcher throw at least 3 pitches for most of his at bats.

Yea Josh...way to make the pitcher work.