• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 Ryder Cup

Mickelson nailed-it.  Watson IS a great player, but was not a good coach for this format.  He needed to be more receptive to his players and include them in the strategy-conversations.  This is embarrassing, and needs to change.

http://golfweek.com/news/2014/sep/28/phil-mickelson-tom-watson-2014-ryder-cup-criticism/

Mickelson needs to shut up.

Monty said it best: if the US had 12 players who cared as much as Reed, they would not be down 10-6 heading into Sunday.

Fowler, spieth, and reed are a good young group to move forward with. Horschel looks to be pretty intense. Harris English and Russell Henley are guys to look at as regulars for a while too. Let's hope they are intense in the ryder cup format.

Can you submit for tickets yet?  I am definitely planning on heading to WS for one of the weekend days.  It is only about a 45 minute drive from here.  Hazeltine is about a four hour drive and I would love to go.  I checked their website a couple weeks ago and they said ticket info wont be released until 2015.

Can you submit for tickets yet?  I am definitely planning on heading to WS for one of the weekend days.  It is only about a 45 minute drive from here.  Hazeltine is about a four hour drive and I would love to go.  I checked their website a couple weeks ago and they said ticket info wont be released until 2015.

I registered my info on the website about a month or so ago to get an email when they had info regarding tickets. Was that not on the website anymore? I can't remember how I found the link to that page, if it was on the PGA site or the Hazeltine site.

you guys should definitely go the PGA. i went to the '95 PGA championship at Riviera and it was fantastic. the practice round days are terrific because the players are genuinely accessible and most of them are great about interacting with the fans (except greg norman - he was a jerk). good time to get autographs and pictures, too.

i had a "season pass" for the week and had access to the wannamaker tent, which was really nice because it had better food, lots of tables and chairs, and plenty of shade. they also had tv so you could watch the broadcast. they also sold mountain dew, so that was a huge plus.

on tuesday or wednesday they had a clinic with former PGA champions, and it was great. nicklaus talked about hitting from the proper tee for your game, someone else talked about using your short irons, and john daly got up there and blasted the crap out of tee shots. there were a couple of other guys, and they were all relaxed, interesting, and generally pretty funny.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I think, Phil especially, they enjoy playing on the Ryder Cup team but it just doesn't mean as much to them as it seems to the Euros.  I really would like to see a lot of the younger guys make the teams moving forward with a couple of vets just for grounding.  Also, Bubba Watson can just pass on the cup from now on.  Boy was he awful.

I was talking with our local pro about the Ryder Cup.  He played in Europe (Challenge Tour) for a while and played in a couple of events on the Euro Tour and became good friends with Joakim Haeggman while playing over there.  After the Ryder Cup (in which the US actually won in '93) he was sitting down with Joakim and he told him he was sorry that they lost but he was rooting for the US because it was his homeland.  He said that Joakim never spoke to him or acknowledged him again.

Ian Poulter was asked last week if he would trade the Ryder Cup wins for a major championship and he said he would not.  

Bottom line is that we have equal if not better talent, we just need guys who care as much.  I like what Reed, Spieth, and Fowler bring to the table.  Here is hoping the new breed of US golfers get that intense.  The Ryder Cup is pretty big now so I am hoping they come up with a different mentality.  

Edited by Stevestevens

• 3 weeks later...