• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Vinnie Pestano

T.G.

Following today’s trade of Vinnie Pestano to the Angels, Indians GM Chris Antonetti offered the following statement to MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian (Twitter link): “Vinnie was a very valuable member of the organization who made some great contributions to our bullpen throughout his time with us. As we’ve had [Major League] bullpen opportunities over the course of the last month, we’ve promoted other pitchers from [Triple-A] Columbus, so we thought it made sense to give Vinnie a fresh start with the Angels. In return, we acquired a young pitcher who we think has a chance to help our Major League team in the next few years.” For his part, Pestano is excited about the fresh start, particularly due to the fact that he is a SoCal native. In a classy series of thank you tweets to the Indians organization, Pestano, who was born in Newport Beach, noted that he couldn’t imagine a better destination for a trade.

• 5 years later...
On 8/7/2014 at 12:40 PM, ettin said:

His peripherals are off the charts good. 1.74 SIERA. His BABIP is ridiculously high at .458. This was well worth the price we just paid in my opinion.

On 8/7/2014 at 1:35 PM, Turd Ferguson said:

I may be wrong, but seems like the Angels were always rumored to be "in" on Pestano trade talks over the years.  Looks like they finally got their guy--2 years too late.  

Honestly though, I think it's a pretty good move.  I'm on board.

On 8/7/2014 at 3:03 PM, bloodbrother said:

Dude used to be one of the elite setup men, but he's battled elbow issues that has sapped a good 3 MPH on his fastball. Not a bad pickup as far as a reclamation project goes

On 8/7/2014 at 4:13 PM, tdawg87 said:

Who is this "Rondon" guy?

I agree.

(I can't believe Lou missed this one)

Edited by Angelsjunky

On 8/7/2014 at 4:05 PM, Tyler said:

For cash considerations? clicked link. Clevinger. Saw him 5/13 and he did real well, was locating, getting groundballs, good size. Looks like he fell apart after that though, probably due to his injury.

Another SP prospect gone, but he was already up there in age and wasn't anything special. Definitely not on Morris' level.

Looks like they should've traded Morris instead

31 minutes ago, Glen said:

I'm always glad when a thread that doesn't have a dumb post from me is bumped. 

Normally I agree yet on this one I was kinda bummed.  I thought for sure I opposed this big time and expressed such about how dumb it was to lose a hard throwing prospect for a nothing reliever yet not one post from me in this thread.  

I think I'll start posting opposing views in every thread and then delete the one that's wrong prior to it getting bumped by lou.  

Although I must say that it's pretty damn funny to be so spectacularly wrong sometimes.  

• Chuck locked this topic
42 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Normally I agree yet on this one I was kinda bummed.  I thought for sure I opposed this big time and expressed such about how dumb it was to lose a hard throwing prospect for a nothing reliever yet not one post from me in this thread.  

I think I'll start posting opposing views in every thread and then delete the one that's wrong prior to it getting bumped by lou.  

Although I must say that it's pretty damn funny to be so spectacularly wrong sometimes.  

I think you were....  The initial reports had them claiming him off waivers, then it got out it was a trade, and that it was Clevinger.  There was a thread in the old minor league forum where it was discussed much more "passioinately" than it was in this thread.