• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread - Angels vs Dodgers - 8/6

Chimi

I just want to make sure that when we're talking about the amazing A's and how much better they are than the Angels, we're talking about the team that just went 4-5 against the Astros, Royals and Rays in their last nine games and has been three games worse than the Angels since the third week of the season.

Man, the Angels suck.

Not suck, but they haven't caught them.

This was predictable.  Angels rip the dogs 2 best pitchers, then get overwhelmed by their struggling junkballer.  Serious lack of plate discipline against slow, offspeed stuff.  Not exactly the first time.  If other teams saved their junkballers for the Angels, Angels might be 10 back instead of 2 back. 

It looked like Hamilton was already walking to the dugout before he finished swinging at that last pitch.

You used to be more accepting of others' posts.

What happened? Seriously?

What happened is this: the Angels are actually REALLY good now.

It's drama for the sake of drama.

We're not rolling Blanton out there every five days. Wells isn't here. The bullpen is amazing. Trout and Calhoun are studs. Pujols is OK, more or less.

We're going to lose some games and some of those losses are going to suck. The sky doesn't seem to be falling.

It sucks to get dominated by a bad pitcher like that but at least they didn't lose ground on the A's. They need to take care of the A's when they play them to win this division.

that's some turn the page mentality right there.

the A's lost today. The team had a golden opportunity to win today. This was a game they SHOULD have won. Instead, they didn't show up. The season is getting later and later, the opportunities are running out. They have to take care of business in matchups they should, or its going to come down to a one game playoff.

they need to avoid that as much as they can. The A's are for real, they're not going to suddenly play horrible, not matter what anyone here thinks. Yeah Oakland hasnt played great recently, but in that stretch the angels have made up exactly ZERO games. And their rotation is undoubtedly better than ours.

there's no place for complacency this season

Didn't they enter this tough 20 game stretch 1.5 GB? I'm ok with just losing half a game through this stretch when comparing level of competition

Halos have a soft spot in the scheduled coming up next, facing under .500 teams before they have a big series with the A's. That's when they make their move. This portion was just them trying to hold fort. They've accomplished that

The Rays didn't trot out a pitcher who has sucked the past two months like Haren has.

Right,they trotted out a guy who hadn't won a start since last September and hadn't pitched more than 4.2 innings in a game this year.

I'm sure A's fans weren't feeling very confident going into the game, especially since they had that scrub Gray starting

This wasn't about Dan Haren. It's about the heart of the lineup going 0-12 last night. We move on.

Not only going 0-12, but doing it with terrible at-bats.

The mental discipline and intelligence quotient of our hitters sometimes is close to zero. Hamilton needs to be dropped down in the order. There's no more power there, and he's a strikeout machine. Aybar and Kendrick are smarter hitters, and I can hardly believe I'm saying that.

Not only going 0-12, but doing it with terrible at-bats.

The mental discipline and intelligence quotient of our hitters sometimes is close to zero. Hamilton needs to be dropped down in the order. There's no more power there, and he's a strikeout machine. Aybar and Kendrick are smarter hitters, and I can hardly believe I'm saying that.

We don't have better hitters to replace Hamilton at clean up, it's as simple as that. Also he had 3 homers on the last road trip, which is probably about as many as the rest of the team combined, so he still has power compared to the rest of the line up.