• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

Very volatile trading today with very low volume, as it's Christmas Eve and the markets have a half-day.

Dow is up 270 points off its low, but still down 185 for the day so far. Nasdaq was getting killed earlier and is now in the green.

I'm glad the damn thing is closed tomorrow for Christmas. At some point this insane selling has to end.

4 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Very volatile trading today with very low volume, as it's Christmas Eve and the markets have a half-day.

Dow is up 270 points off its low, but still down 185 for the day so far. Nasdaq was getting killed earlier and is now in the green.

I'm glad the damn thing is closed tomorrow for Christmas. At some point this insane selling has to end.

The volume today was almost 3X that of the previous 9 Christmas Eve’s average. The S&P is officially in a bear market. Trump is going to wish he never bragged about the highs earlier this year. 

2018-12-24%20(2).png?itok=jxTHV0PC

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

870 point swing to positive. The President's PPT was hard at work today.

I recall a similarly massive intraday rally on March 9, 2009 that ended the vicious bear market that had knocked almost 50% off the averages. It was up, up, and away from there on in. The difference, of course, was that particular bear was much more brutal than this current downturn. There were no more sellers left in March of '09 as stocks were insanely undervalued at that point. I mean, the S&P was around 650! 

I would love to see this continue tomorrow and next week. I won't jump back in though unless this rally has multi-week legs. 

Apple missed, and it's like the end of the world.

Dow is down 530 points an hour into trading.

Bad news all around. Pelosi just announced they'll keep the government shut down "as long as it takes" to deny Trump his $5 billion for the wall. Democrats will take over the House later today. Impeachment articles will also be introduced by Calif. Congressman Brad Sherman.

Markets hate this sort of thing.

On 12/30/2018 at 8:26 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

So my buddy and i checked our deferred comp accounts this weekend, and we both lost about 5 digits in the last 6 weeks. Should we pull back on how much were putting in for awhile?

You would have just as much luck with the correct answer if you asked the bum on the street corner when you wait for a light.

On 12/24/2018 at 10:02 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Trump and Powell are not helping the market any.

The Fed chairman may have just saved the market with his comments today.

"Patient" and "flexible", two words we haven't heard in a while, and markets are soaring. He said inflation was "muted" and markets love that kind of talk. He also indicated that unwinding the $4 trillion Fed balance sheet will no longer be on automatic pilot. I wonder now if we'll see only one rate hike this year, or even none.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...