• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lhalo said:

@Brandon be like

giphy-downsized-large.gif

You have no idea. And now as a broker it’s insane on the wholesale side. I’m in the low threes for most government loans (VA/FHA), around mid-threes for most conventional loans, and high threes (usually 3.875%) for most high balance and jumbos. All of these are free loans, too. Obviously some variables here and there.

I had some dude shopping hard but knew I can’t be beat in price and brought me Loan Estimates. I was consistently a bare minimum of a quarter lower and half the closing cost. Ended up getting him 2.875% for next to nothing in cost.

It’s a good time. I had to fire someone last week and haven’t spent on marketing as I pick up the pieces, but need to get back at it. It’s going to be a busy summer and end of the year.

My buddy that turned me onto the broker side made 75k last month after his splits. Obviously Zimas were on him.

Edited by Brandon

We are overdue for a recession, currently the longest period between end of previous recession and now since the Great Depression?

But also, this tariffs thing is playing havoc with investors and the world.   I hope the heck that Trump knows what he's doing. 

Have tariffs EVER truly worked?   Didn't Smoot-Hawley help to cause the Great Depression? 

There's a contrary view that this is the opposite of trouble. Money is pouring into U.S. stocks and long-term bonds and the dollar is stronger than ever. What is needed now are more rate cuts.

Now it is possible that stock prices have gotten too high too fast. A correction right now might be the best thing. There are no real signs of an actual recession coming. The media would love it though, as it might hurt Trump.

Recessions are a part of every economic cycle and it's not the end of the world.  That said it's always been used against whoever is in the white house and for as much as Trump has touted the stock market success during his term he deserves to have it thrown back in his face but I'm sure he'll just blame the fed.  The real test is when a recession hits how leveraged are regular folks which impacts their ability to weather it and what weapons does the fed have because if rates are already too low you can only cut so much.  I realize a lot of the rest of the world has been reacting by lowering rates and the US probably will too but it just seems like a recipe for more problems down the line if things really slow down.  

14 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

We are overdue for a recession, currently the longest period between end of previous recession and now since the Great Depression?

are you sure? we just had a whopper of one in 2008.

the market often self-corrects, and maybe that's what we're due for. a recession is pretty damaging.

• 2 weeks later...

Markets are getting killed on new Chinese tariffs and Trump's order for U.S. companies to get out of China (not sure how he can do that), lower manufacturing report, Trump's new war with Fed Chairman Powell, and last but not least, Powell's weak speech at Jackson Hole. 

Investors are rushing  into bonds, and the 10-year Treasury yield is about to go under 1.5%, which is staggering to me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2019 at 11:40 AM, fan_since79 said:

Markets are getting killed on new Chinese tariffs and Trump's order for U.S. companies to get out of China (not sure how he can do that), lower manufacturing report, Trump's new war with Fed Chairman Powell, and last but not least, Powell's weak speech at Jackson Hole. 

Investors are rushing  into bonds, and the 10-year Treasury yield is about to go under 1.5%, which is staggering to me.

A lot of the market volatility is headline-driven and not driven by meaningful economic data.