• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Huston Street

Which is why in generally I think a bullpen should consist of homegrown guys and solid FA relievers who don't cost "closer money" such as Joe Smith. I'm not in favor of trading a bunch of prospects for a reliever when the difference is probably around 10 runs of the guy he's replacing in the pen.

have you seen our homegrown rp the last 5+ years?

if not, ask AO about them

One of our biggest needs was Bullpen along with maybe some Rotation help. I would have preferred Rotation but I'm not going to bitch. WE GOT A STUD in Street! I wish him all the best and hope he becomes our Percival.

So what we traded a bunch of " names " for Street. We have a legitimate chance to win this year with this bullpen.

GO ANGELS!

have you seen our homegrown rp the last 5+ years?

if not, ask AO about them

I haven't generally paid as much attention to the relief prospects we've had in the minors, until Morin/Cam/RJ. Have we had "no doubt" prospects like them recently that I missed?

but we have Bedrosian

Not really sure what you're trying to get at. Why wouldn't we want both or trade our prospects to better a position where there is greater potential for improvement in run differential such as starting pitching. The way I see it Street will only net us about 10 less runs than the guy he's replacing the rest of the way this year

To be fair, the reason this bullpen looks bad overall is because Frieri had diarrhea all year and made a mess every time he pitched. Everyone else in the pen has good numbers.

Now that he's gone, the pen has been fantastic. Adding Street makes them pretty much ridiculous.

Not a fan of the trade at all, but looking at it for THIS YEAR, the pen is now arguably as big of an asset as the offense.

To be fair, the reason this bullpen looks bad overall is because Frieri had diarrhea all year and made a mess every time he pitched. Everyone else in the pen has good numbers.

Now that he's gone, the pen has been fantastic. Adding Street makes them pretty much ridiculous.

Not a fan of the trade at all, but looking at it for THIS YEAR, the pen is now arguably as big of an asset as the offense.

Even as a detractors of the trade I concur with this.

Tdawg, please try to keep it in your pants when the bullpen pitches now, though. You already have Trout...

Thats my take. We can all agree we gave up a ton, and could bite us in the ass

That said, the pen should be pretty filthy from here on out. That and our offense (which we gladly didnt trade from) can be a real headache for other teams.

If it all clicks right, we'll be rubbing our pubes in oaklands face come october

The bullpen is outstanding now, but I thought it was good enough before the trade. My issue with the trade is that the rotation needs help/depth and we no longer have pieces to make that happen. We can't expect to go deep into the playoffs the rotation isn't up to the task

serious question. How did these prospects rank among all prospects? Not just our system, we already know that sucks

Well players in Top 100's have much higher ceilings, but for an organization struggling with depth, we simply cannot afford to do 4 (2 position) prospects for a closer and rp prospect.

The bullpen is outstanding now, but I thought it was good enough before the trade. My issue with the trade is that the rotation needs help/depth and we no longer have pieces to make that happen. We can't expect to go deep into the playoffs the rotation isn't up to the task

The rotation doesn't need to be "lights out" if you have a deep enough bullpen to shorten the game which I believe we do now. I see Morin becoming our Scot Shields.  That's what we had in 2002. I mean do you remember Kevin Appier?   Just saying...  

Show me where I did that.

I simply made a prediction that I am confident comes true, a 3.00 ERA for Street. That and a 1.15-1.20 WHIP.

3.00 is not too bad for the regular season.  2 of 3 games hegives up no runs.  Just hope the game where he gives up a run he's got a 2 or 3 run lead.  Playoffs different story.