• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Honesty Poll That Isn't a Poll nor a Pole

mp170.6

I'm superstitious when it comes to baseball, as such I never directly post in prediction threads and I try to avoid talking about a guy on a streak. (you can look it up)

I loved Downing, and his number 5...  Again with the superstitious side of things, I like seeing our best players have a uniform number that either ends in 5 or where the numbers can be added or subtracted to end up with a 5.   Tim Salmon 15, Jim Edmonds, 25, Garret Anderson 16, (6-1=5).  Trout/Vlad 27, (7-2=5),  I blame the demise of Darin Erstad on his decision to move away from number 27 to number 17.   I'm still bitter that Mathis was given number 5.  Very bitter.

Bobby Grich was my favorite Angels player as a kid, and Reggie my favorite player period.  I only wore number 4 or numbers divisible by 4 as a result.

I cried when Roger Staubauch retired.

My other half is from Seattle and she had to be properly reprogrammed.   All is well now.

I blame Terry Collins for what happened to Jason Dickson and Mike Colangelo.

My biggest miss prospect wise was Keith Luuloa.  I was sure his great ability to get on base would translate into a MLB career.  I was right about Todd Greene, George Arias and sadly predicted Pete Janicki's injury.

I wouldn't ever draft a a SP coming out of Stanford unless Mike Mussina's son ever pitches there.  

Edited by Inside Pitch

i dont like it when angel fans boo angel players or coaches

i dont like the wave or beach balls

i hate it when people sit there during inning changes, but decide to get up when the inning starts

i hate it when people are on their phones during the games

i was at the 2009 playoff game when Mathis hit the walk off double, the game when torii hit a walk off grand slam home run his first year as an angel and trouts cycle game

best 3 games of my life

i'm a jeff mathis fan, still follow his career and hope for the best for him

Ok a few more.

Downing was my first favorite player.

I remember being numb all day at work the day Nick died. I remember hearing it confirmed on Roger Lodge's morning show. Awful day. My family and I laid flowers down at the crash site that evening and I could not stop crying. I had my season tickets for his last game but I was exhausted from working and going to previous couple of games that I didn't go to that one.

I am a huge baseball fan and I'm fortunate enough to get to go to a bunch of games (25-30 a year). I leave early from games these days, not super early but early. I say that I pay too much to watch bad baseball. It's bit me in the ass a couple of times, but it is what it is.

Here's another one, I missed Weavers no hitter to help my girlfriend move into her condo.

My best friend and my ex wife both grew up Dodger fans, now are both die hard Angel fans.

The day the strike ended in 1995 I was at the stadium buying my first set of Season Seats, something I was always proud of being able to do.

I thought Kotchman was going to be the next Will Clark (one of my favorite non Angels of all time because of his competitiveness)

I'm sure more will come.

I thought jepsen would be one of the most dominate arms from the pen in the game.

I don't mind when we miss out on the playoffs as I don't feel the disappointment of getting close to another world series.

Edited by Schildog

When I was 10 years old, I went to a school carnival and Rod Carew was giving autographs.  I was willing to wait in the line until I saw he was charging $5 (?).  I left.

In 2002 I tried to buy a ticket to a WS game from a scalper.  It was fake and I was out $250.  

I like the Rally Monkey.

I hate the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" name and would hate the "Los Angeles Angels" name even more if that came to pass.  

I liked "Anaheim Angels" name....maybe even a bit more than "California Angels" name

I can't stand obnoxious opposing teams' fans.  

I attended the Angels parade at Disneyland after the World Series win.

Edited by wavesfan

I can't stand the term "Halo Honk" (evil eye towards Roger Lodge!)

I never liked the "Anaheim" Angels name or the winged logo era, preferred California Angels and I can live with LA Angels since its part of their history in the 60s.

I disagree with those who want Scioscia fired.

My favorite phrase is "...Just another Halo Victory!" R.I.P. Rory

When I hear Victor Rojas say "Light that Baby up!" I wonder... is he burning babies or smoking weed? HAHAHA!

I don't care for the phrase "When the Halo glows... You know!" please stop.

Edited by FiveToolMVP

I don't follow MLB's player draft too closely, and I'm obviously no scout, but when i saw video of this Mike Trout kid we just drafted in the first round, I thought to myself he's going to be a bust.

I used to go to bed so angry and let losses bother me when Frankie used to blow saves. I laugh about that now.

I was 9 when I cried after Henderson hit the HR off Moore.

Reluctantly, I have dressed both of my kids in Red Sox and Giants outfits. My sisters are huge RS fans and my BIL is a huge Giants fan.  Although, I'd never let them out of the house with either of those on.

When my (then 3 yo) daughter used to sing "Take me out to the ballgame", she would say "...root root root for the Giants". I briefly contemplated orphaning her. 

I grew up in the North Bay Area following both the Angels and A's. As much as I want to hate the A's, I can't.

Impossible because of the Angels, or because you guys don't want to put one there?

I guess nothing is impossible and in theory I would absolutely love to see it happen but in reality it's a bad idea not just for INO but for the fans. We take a lot of pride in our image and I'm not sure how I would feel about selling our burgers for 3 times the cost as you would at one of our locations. Also as you know we cook everything to order, so the wait times could be excessive. We wouldn't change our standards and just have burgers cooked and ready to go just because of the venue. We could certainly handle the business and it would be an awesome challenge to estimate sales and staffing based on attendance and opponents, I just can't see it happening. As a customer, I would hate to wait five minutes in line, ten minutes for my food, while missing Trout hit a homer.

I thought jepsen would be one of the most dominate arms from the pen in the game.

I remember when he was in the minors and was on Team USA - someone quoted a scout as saying "he could close for half the teams in MLB right now."  It had an impact on my expectations (fair or unfair) the same way Howie was labeled with "future batting champ." 

I don't sit in the outfield seats, but if I did and I was lucky enough to catch a homerun ball from an opposing player... I would NOT throw it back.  I'd probably have to leave the stadium immediately, but I wouldn't give up the souvenir. 

Strad that's easy, You download the INO app and you order and pay from your seat, and it gives you a time to pick up. You walk up to the pickup window, give them the order number, and its ready to go. If the customer is late picking up the food, its their fault. Brilliant!

Because customers are always so understanding of their own mistakes, like inputting what the want correctly or picking up their food on time.

I can't remember what chain it was but they tried to let the customers input their own orders but it failed so miserably that it didn't even get a second consideration. Might have been subway.

I attended a game against the A's in the mid 80s.  Dave Stewart was pitching for the A's.  The off-season before Stewart was arrested for picking up a prostitute and doing his business in a car in downtown LA.  When both were booked "Lucille" turned to be "Luke."  Stewart didn't know he picked up a tranny.

I recall it was in the bottom of the 1st when the two guys with me (we were behind home plate) stood up and starting singing loudly "You picked a fine time o leave me Lucille" and then, "Lucille - please come back where you belong."  The crowd got into it and you could see Stewart was bothered.  The first batter was Juan Beniquez and he hit a triple.  When he stood on 3rd base, he made a comment or gesture that Stewart was a he/she.  Stewart stormed off mound and charged Beniquez.  Stewart was ejected.

The next day, Stewart was interviewed on the the local  TV news.  The reporter said, "There was a lot of heckling last night.  I'm not used to be heckled in a So Cal game.  Did it bother you?"

Stewart said he had never been heckled like that the last straw was what Beniquez said.

My buddies and I roared about it.

Because customers are always so understanding of their own mistakes, like inputting what the want correctly or picking up their food on time.

I can't remember what chain it was but they tried to let the customers input their own orders but it failed so miserably that it didn't even get a second consideration. Might have been subway.

Dumb people are stupid.

The only piece of Angels Gear I own is a sweatshirt. I never wear it to games because it is to hot.

I don't mind any of the Angel's broadcasters I clouding Lodge and Mota. I really enjoyed Hud.

Every time the wave comes past us in the stands, I plug my nose and "dive" under it. I could say it is a silent protest, but really, it's because it makes my kids laugh.

I never liked the Yanks because they won "too much" and the Mets won too little when I first started watching baseball in 1977.

Subsequently, I became a Twins fan because I loved the way Rod Carew hit. When he was traded to the Angels in '79, I became an Angels' fan.

When I was in the Army and in Korea, I bought blue shoes and had the Angels' A inscribed on it. I loved those shoes. 

Note: Is it possible to add the Angels' A to the menu bar (icons when you're writing a message)?

i like the rock pile and like that it looks disney-ish.

i hate  buttercup and want it replaced with Centerfield by John Fogerty.

when the halos were on the verge of winning game 5 in '86, i put a tape in the vcr and a cassette in my stereo to record the last outs. no idea what happened to either tape. i remember sitting there numb when that moron henderson hit his homer.

i went to the world series parade at disneyland. i gathered some of the confetti from the exploding cannons along main street and carry it in my wallet still today. i also have confetti from the kings first stanely cup parade in there as well.

i hate having a red A on a red hat. i'd change the color of the A on the hat to navy blue, and i'd have done it yesterday. in fact, i wish the halos would incorporate more navy blue into their uniforms. on the red jerseys, i would replace the gray piping with navy blue. stuff like that has always mattered to me for some reason.

i don't care if they're the anaheim, los angeles, or california angels, but the current LAAofA name sounds idiotic. 

I was at the opening series against Texas in 2007. I remember in the 9th inning of the 2nd game I think it was, I really had to poop. Our seats were down the right field line kind of by the scoreboard. So I got up to poo before all the crowds started rushing out. But I went in the women's bathroom by mistake. Fortunately there wasn't anybody in there and I don't think anyone saw me come out but yeah, I took a shit in the women's bathroom somewhere by where the right field foulpole is.