• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Honesty Poll That Isn't a Poll nor a Pole

mp170.6

No baseball today, so how about some brutal honesty from Angels fans? Anything team related, past or present. I'll start.

1. I've never cared for the word "Angels" in a baseball context.

2. I think the rock pile out behind center field is actually kind of cool.

Edited by Lou

After 2009 post season, I bought a Mathis shirt. I thought he turned the corner and was going to have a monster year. I wore the shirt every 2010 game I went to.

I WAS SOOOOOO WRONG!

(I still wear the shirt as a joke, at least once a season)

I have a tattoo of the a Winged logo on my left arm.

I didn't stand up for the 7th inning stretch during game 6 because I was too pissed off, especially after Molina made a shitty play the half inning before.

Angels baseball is my only hobby, it cost me well over $10k a year if you include season tickets and traveling to see them play.

I have a dog named Champ, a Dog named Casey (after Kotchman) and a little dog named Aden (after Nick Adenhart) we later found out he was born on the anniversary of his death.

Going out on a limb here but I think the current uniforms are drab and I miss the old "CA" days of the early 90s.  

I don't mind Buttercup because a lot of casual fans like it, and it keeps them entertained during the games.  It isn't all about the hardcore fan.  That said, I do hate beach balls and the wave.

My dislike of Scioscia has gone from almost boiling down to occasional mild dislike.  Amazing what winning can do.

I strongly dislike threads that are mislabeled as polls.

Edited by Glen

I jinxed the 86 team by taking my WS tickets to ALCS game 5 as as good luck charm.

I also made a choking gesture to a bunch of chowds after Grich hit the HR.

I HATE the rockpile. I really think the rest of the renovation was pretty good considering the structure they had to work with.

Get rid of the rocks!

I don't mind the rockpile, but I can't stand the green backdrop. It's like the Green Monster's inbred, drunken brother is passed out in center field. They need to put something there. Like seats, or grass, or something. It looks stupid to me.

I also wish they would rebuild the big A and put it directly behind the stadium in center. Make it bigger and taller to give a nice view.

I'm pretty sure my fiancé would leave me for Mike Trout. As I too would leave her for Mike Trout

Anybody who wouldn't leave their SO for Trout, be it male, female, transgendered, or some other species we don't know about, is an idiot.

I'd disown my entire family just for a post-game whiff of his jock strap.

Glen mentioned the uniforms.  I really wish the Angels (and Diamondbacks, too) would have picked different uniform designs and/or colors. 

There's too many teams with red as their dominant color.  It's frustrating as hell going to the stadium and trying to follow plays when their uniforms are practically identical to the opposing team. 

There's too many teams with red as their dominant color.

I don't agree with this. Who else besides the Reds have red as their dominant color on both their road and home jerseys? And even then, black plays an important role in their unis as well. I'm talking red lettering, red cap, red stripes, etc...

I don't agree with this. Who else besides the Reds have red as their dominant color on both their road and home jerseys? And even then, black plays an important role in their unis as well. I'm talking red lettering, red cap, red stripes, etc...

St Louis and Boston come to mind.  Even Texas does the red uniforms once in a while. 

What I'm talking about is watching the game live (or sometimes on TV) and struggling to differentiate between Angels and non-Angels players.  It's not easy to spot the minor uniform differences if you're sitting in cheap seats down in the left field corner, for example. 

I jinxed the 86 team by taking my WS tickets to ALCS game 5 as as good luck charm.

I also made a choking gesture to a bunch of chowds after Grich hit the HR.

I HATE the rockpile. I really think the rest of the renovation was pretty good considering the structure they had to work with.

Get rid of the rocks!

Nah, you didn't jinx it.  I did.  Called my buddy who liked the Sox so I could talk a little smack.  Phone was ringing when Henderson hit the bomb.  Hung up and have never felt comfortable until the last out ever again.