• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

anyone worried about hamilton?

Hamilton, like Pujols, is virtually untradeable, unless the Angels are willing to take on a huge portion of his contract. I think the question would be: If Hamilton hit the open market right now, what kind of offers would he get? My guess is no more than 3/$40MM, and perhaps not even that - maybe just a one or two year contract.

After this year the Angels owe Josh 3/$89MM, so by my guesstimate they'd have to swallow about $50MM just to get rid of him.

Of course we can still hope that he turns things around. As has been said, he's a very unpredictable player.

At least the Angels don't have to worry about his bonus clauses in the contract.

"He would receive a $50,000 if he's an All-Star, $75,000 if he wins a Gold Glove, $75,000 if he wins a Silver Slugger, $75,000 if he's the league championship series MVP and $100,000 if he's the World Series MVP.

Hamilton gets $500,000 if he's voted AL MVP and $75,000 if he finishes second or third."

man, awful contract.  

Arte please don't play GM ever again

signed,

Everyone except Josh hamilton

pujols+laughing.JPG

...makes the Hamilton deal look like a bargain. I also don't believe the speculation that signing Pujols resulted in a significantly larger offer from Fox for the TV deal. That was just coincidental (sports TV contracts are massively inflated across the board)

Edited by ScottLux

Last year he was horrible against LHP.  This year before his stint on the DL he seemed to be handling LHP better and was ripping RHP.   He is now seeing more and more offspeed stuff and looking more and more pathetic swinging at it, RHP & LHP alike. 

With Extra Innings we get a wide variety of commentators.  So instead of Goober quoting career stats (pretty much the limit of his hitting knowledge), there are some retired MLB hitters weighing in on Hamilton.  One theme of late is Hamilton's swing trigger seems to be too early in the pitch delivery, sometimes before the pitch is released.  Hence his flailing at offspeed stuff.   

That said, if true, how does a 33yr old with diminishing reaction times fix this...?

• 1 month later...

I am worried that Scioscia hits him 4th for 3 more years.

His time with the Angels have been epic bad.  Even if he has a decent month, I don't think I can forget about his pathetic attempt at playing mlb.  As bad as the Angels farm system is, I would prefer to see someone else. 

This is just getting ugly. If it were up to me, he would not make the post-season roster. I really hope his suckiness is due to the thumb injury that he had earlier in the year.

...which was caused by diving head first into 1st base, which he said he would probably do again if the occasion presented itself.

It's just so frustrating...

I'm quoting Shakespeare you uncultured fool. When someone can fit Shakespeare into a thread you like that post and move on. No wonder HaloRed left, no respect for the Elizabethan Bards.

I would have been more impressed if you had quoted Marlowe or Donne.

Edited by Sully151

Maybe we should introduce you to Ryne Sanderg and his #4 hitter, this guy.

howardryan.jpg

.217 .298 .370 .668  

well, I certainly feel better now...next time (today?) Hamilton Ks with the bases loaded or RISP I'll be pumped up knowing that Sandberg uses the Scioscia cleanup hitter strategy for his last place Phils

This is what the post steroid era looks like. It seems like the same people that bitch about poor performing overpaid players are the same people who called out all of the over performing PED cheaters. This is what we can expect to see for the rest of eternity, a bunch of .230-.270 hitters, just like it used to be. I personally miss the steroid era because it energized the game.

Edited by Hamiltown

well, I certainly feel better now...next time (today?) Hamilton Ks with the bases loaded or RISP I'll be pumped up knowing that Sandberg uses the Scioscia cleanup hitter strategy for his last place Phils

You're the one thay made the "only Scioscia" comment.

Don't get upset when someone points out you're wrong.