• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

anyone worried about hamilton?

He's done well so far this year, but there's some interesting trends that are pointing toward big trouble on the horizon. Like 2013, all over again.

this year, Hamilton is seeing less and less fastballs. A career low in FB% and each month it is dropping lower and lower. His contact rate on FBs is still decent, but he's only seeing about 40% and pitchers are throwing him more slow pitches and breaking balls. On those types of pitches, he's making contact less than half of the time he swings. That is not good.

his K% is at a career high, and he has adjusted by swinging less, but now he's looking at more strikes and he's still being fooled by breakers. His BABIP is about 70 points above his career average, and could be a reason why his slash line isn't matching his other batting trends yet. If he was a pitcher, you could say he's "outperforming his peripherals."

I'm genuinely concerned about this, as he has been a solid piece of our offense thus far. What happens when the luck starts to turn? It could get ugly.

Everything points to severe regression in his batting average, and slowly but surely it's creeping downward. By all accounts, he should be hitting around .250 or lower, just like last season

to be fair though, Josh isn't quite the conventional hitter. He's been able to put up good BA despite piss poor contact rates, but this season is well worse than last year and is on pace to be one of the his worst of his career. His BA is being kept afloat thanks to a nearly .400 BABIP right now

Somehow I knew this thread was coming. After all there was the Pujols thread, the Freese thread, the Ibanez thread, the Kendrick thread and the Platooning Calhoun thread, there was even an Aybar thread that fizzled quickly and of course the Trout Strikeout thread and that is just position players. All seemed clearly done in some way or another. Of those, only the Ibanez thread ever really had teeth. The rest were based on what have you done for me lately streaks or knee jerk reactions to an error.

So lay on, McDuff, and be damned he who first cries, 'Hold, enough!

Notti, did you actually read my post? Or are you just knee jerking to another "negative" thread

I'm quoting Shakespeare you uncultured fool. When someone can fit Shakespeare into a thread you like that post and move on. No wonder HaloRed left, no respect for the Elizabethan Bards.

All he does his bitch about what other people post. Your thread was fine. He wants to play thought police on here.

Reminds me of LT. Don't have the balls to put your neck out there with his own thread whether it be an errant Angels thought or a well backed theory. Just jump in everywhere and claim worthiness of the topic or think he's smarter/more clever than everyone else here.

Reminds me of LT. Don't have the balls to put your neck out there with his own thread whether it be an errant Angels thought or a well backed theory. Just jump in everywhere and claim worthiness of the topic or think he's smarter/more clever than everyone else here.

And what's most absurd about his criticism is that this is an extremely valid and relevant topic, and there are a number of posters on here who share the exact same concern regarding Hamilton.

I have a few blog articles out there from the past with my name on them. I'm sure you have submitted to Chuck numerous articles that articulate your point of view, he must be slow in posting them.