• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's Acquire Samardzija and Hammel

The Cubs got a Top 10 prospects + others for 2 good pitchers, 1 which would be gone after this year and another that would be gone after next year. Both of them wouldn't help them get to the playoffs neither of the next 2 years.

The A's got 2 rentals for a Top 10 prospect + others

except, that's exactly what you're saying.  Everyone in and around the game thinks this will improve the A's rotation by a good margin.    You don't.

its called opinion, though i would challenge you or them to tell me how exactly this makes them better by the numbers?  Show me the numbers that tell me this is a huge upgrade aside from the name value?  I highly doubt the results wont be a significant difference.. certainly not enough to justify what they lost.

As were the fav before this, they are the fav now...  again no difference.

Would you give JS the edge over anyone they would face from Det in the playoffs?  i mean thats the point of this deal right?

is he a bigger name than what the As have, yes, that doenst make him a better pitcher.

Cubs win the trade... this is a desperation move by the As after getting swept by Det and being unable to get any real distance between them and us, and they will regret it. 

you have some numbers to prove otherwise.. im all ears...

That team had a guy named Orval Overall.   They should have gone undefeated.  

And HOF pitcher Mordecai Three Finger Brown. He got the nickname because he lost part of his index finger in a farm-machinery accident in his youth

"That old paw served me pretty well in its time. It gave me a firmer grip on the ball, so I could spin it over the hump. It gave me a greater dip."

brb have to put in a call to Butcher

Edited by Lou

I'm not convinced this will make a huge difference. The potential is there and if anyone is going to bring it out the A's are it, but neither Samardzija or Hammel have been that impressive outside of this year.  The good year they are both having can change quickly though when switching leagues.  Both guys are going to have to face consistently deeper lineups then they had to in the NL.  I feel that Hammel will come back down to earth.  Not really sure about Samardzija, just not sure he is all he has been cracked up to be.  We will see though.  Either way, the A's trading away young top tier talent is always a good thing.  Especially considering they are able to get great production out of young, cheap arms.  If these two guys don't at least continue the production they have had for the rest of the year I think this will go down as a bad trade for the A's.  Just my two cents.

I'm not convinced this will make a huge difference. The potential is there and if anyone is going to bring it out the A's are it, but neither Samardzija or Hammel have been that impressive outside of this year. The good year they are both having can change quickly though when switching leagues. Both guys are going to have to face consistently deeper lineups then they had to in the NL. I feel that Hammel will come back down to earth. Not really sure about Samardzija, just not sure he is all he has been cracked up to be. We will see though. Either way, the A's trading away young top tier talent is always a good thing. Especially considering they are able to get great production out of young, cheap arms. If these two guys don't at least continue the production they have had for the rest of the year I think this will go down as a bad trade for the A's. Just my two cents.

Yep, kind of like the Garza trade last year.

And HOF pitcher Mordecai Three Finger Brown. He got the nickname because he lost part of his index finger in a farm-machinery accident in his youth

"That old paw served me pretty well in its time. It gave me a firmer grip on the ball, so I could spin it over the hump. It gave me a greater dip."

brb have to put in a call to Butcher

I hated that guy, he was using a Performance Enhancing Disfigurement.

Damn cheaters.

Edited by Inside Pitch