• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

fed judge rules no fly list unconstitutional

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the "No Fly" list have no effect whatsoever on cruise ship travel? 

Terrorists denied access to the United States by airplane will go by water instead.   That means the guys with the intent, knowledge, and resources to blow up an airplane could do the same to a cruise ship in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, potentially killing 2000+ people. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the "No Fly" list have no effect whatsoever on cruise ship travel? 

Terrorists denied access to the United States by airplane will go by water instead.   That means the guys with the intent, knowledge, and resources to blow up an airplane could do the same to a cruise ship in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, potentially killing 2000+ people. 

This is not a good argument against the no fly list.  If people want to steal from house badly enough they will probably succeed but that doesn't mean I should make it easy on them and not take some precautions.

This is not a good argument against the no fly list.  If people want to steal from house badly enough they will probably succeed but that doesn't mean I should make it easy on them and not take some precautions.

I'm questioning the true intent of TSA and the No-Fly List.  There's an obvious bias toward air travel, but why? 

Something tells me it has NOTHING to do with civilian safety, but rather to prevent planes from flying into government buildings again.  That's what bothers them the most about 9/11. 

I get the freedom argument whole-heartedly.  I'm almost swayed by it but not the 'terrorists are going to bomb us anyway" argument, it isn't very good.

Seems like you'd at least want to see due process applied here. I know I would.

Extraordinary measures must be taken when you are war with people who sneak onto your airplanes and fly them into skyscrapers.

For those on the no-fly list, sorry about that.  I don't think the U.S. will want to divulge exactly what they have learned about you and how they got that information.  But go ahead and come forward so you can have some one-on-one time with the CIA.

Extraordinary measures must be taken when you are war with people who sneak onto your airplanes and fly them into skyscrapers.

For those on the no-fly list, sorry about that.  I don't think the U.S. will want to divulge exactly what they have learned about you and how they got that information.  But go ahead and come forward so you can have some one-on-one time with the CIA.

Then you should be ok with spying on Americans and collecting meta data from all the telecoms.  After all, they are extraordinary measures for our safety!

so what do you do with those who've been placed on the list by mistake? is there no recourse for them? what if on your next trip you suddenly get pulled aside by the TSA and told you're on the list and can't fly? what would you do then, just accept it and go back home?

so what do you do with those who've been placed on the list by mistake? is there no recourse for them? what if on your next trip you suddenly get pulled aside by the TSA and told you're on the list and can't fly? what would you do then, just accept it and go back home?

Well I might throw a tantrum in the terminal first, then I would accept it and go back home.

If you're on the no-fly list you have to assume they're spying on you in about 17 other ways as well.  I think I'd be more worried about that than missing my flight.

A question for mtangelsfan and Jay:

What if the Feds arbitrarily put you guys on a "No Ballpark" list meaning you could never watch the Angels in person ever again.  How would you feel about that, especially if you weren't permitted to challenge it?