• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN's Schoenfield: Trout the best player in baseball

Stat and rank in AL:

Slugging pct  .610 (1st)

OPS  1.008 (1st)

Adjusted OPS+  183 (1st)

Runs Created  67 (1st)

Adjusted Batting Wins  2.9 (1st)

Offensive Win%  .804 (1st)

Sacrifice Flies  7 (1st)

Stolen Base percentage  100% (1st)

WPA (Win Probability Added)  4.1 (1st)

Offensive WAR  4.2 (1st)

I was about to say "No __________ Sherlock" until I read the comments.  Those are some of the stupidest people on earth.  Trout's nothing without Pujols and Hamilton, anyone would thrive in that loaded lineup, Trout's hitting HR's and RBI's but Miggy's done it for longer, Trout's just another .260 hitter, he's juicing, he'll never win a triple crown...

People back East actually believe this stuff.  I'm astonished, people either watch him with their own eyes and aren't impressed, haven't seen him and assume their players are better or have so much hate in their hearts for the Angels that they'll deny greatness altogether.

These people actually exist, and there aren't just a few, there are a TON of them. 

Or the guy that calls him an 'average' center fielder who sometimes makes a good play, or the guy that says Trout is on steroids because he's 'never seen a neck that big on a guy of his size'.

To be honest, I'm a little surprised at the number of Trout haters out there.

Stat and rank in AL:

Slugging pct  .610 (1st)

OPS  1.008 (1st)

Adjusted OPS+  183 (1st)

Runs Created  67 (1st)

Adjusted Batting Wins  2.9 (1st)

Offensive Win%  .804 (1st)

Sacrifice Flies  7 (1st)

Stolen Base percentage  100% (1st)

WPA (Win Probability Added)  4.1 (1st)

Offensive WAR  4.2 (1st)

I said goddamn

I was about to say "No __________ Sherlock" until I read the comments.  Those are some of the stupidest people on earth.  Trout's nothing without Pujols and Hamilton, anyone would thrive in that loaded lineup, Trout's hitting HR's and RBI's but Miggy's done it for longer, Trout's just another .260 hitter, he's juicing, he'll never win a triple crown...

People back East actually believe this stuff.  I'm astonished, people either watch him with their own eyes and aren't impressed, haven't seen him and assume their players are better or have so much hate in their hearts for the Angels that they'll deny greatness altogether.

These people actually exist, and there aren't just a few, there are a TON of them. 

I'm starting to think that some time ago Al Qaeda successfully orchestrated a terrorist act and infiltrated Detroit's water system, inflicting 85% of the city's residents with severe mental retardation. 

Jealousy.

Or the guy that calls him an 'average' center fielder who sometimes makes a good play, or the guy that says Trout is on steroids because he's 'never seen a neck that big on a guy of his size'.

To be honest, I'm a little surprised at the number of Trout haters out there.

Yeah, since the start of 2012 he's 5th among AL outfielders in defensive runs saved and 4th in ultimate zone rating.

Totally average.

How about this - fWAR leaders from 2012-14:

25.1 Trout

18.4 McCutchen

16.9 Cabrera

15.6 Cano

14.0 Wright

14.0 Gomez

13.6 Posey

13.3 Molina

13.1 Beltre

13.1 Gordon

13.0 Votto

12.8 Zobrist

12.5 Donaldson

I went down to Donaldson to point out something amazing: Mike Trout has DOUBLE the fWAR over the last two and almost a half years as #13 on the leaderboards. That is insane.

Why did I look at the comments?

I actively sought out the hallowed halls of AW to get away from ESPN and websites like it. Bunch of idiots who only watch their own team, can't possibly admit they are inferior in any way, and make the worst arguments in the world for why every other team sucks.

Although to be fair, the dude is obviously trolling Tigers fans. Even with Miggy's complete lack of defensive or baserunning abilities, there is no way he's the 8th best player in baseball. He's top 5 easily. Maybe top 3.

Yeah, he definitely should be higher than 8, but I also think that speed and defense mean a lot more than some think.

Yeah, he definitely should be higher than 8, but I also think that speed and defense mean a lot more than some think.

Agreed. Its amazing that in 2014, its still widely ignored. People like us (super nerds who live baseball year round and argue on websites) obviously look more in depth at talent and value. But I know way too many people who still dont get the concept of defense