• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why did the Angels do away with StubHub?

ODNight

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell you that the CHEAPEST ticket I have for sale at the box office is in 533, and they are $46.  There are seats out in the far corners of the field level, with fees, $58.50 thru ticketmaster and the "discount" the Angels put out on Twitter earlier today.  NOTHING available between the bases, and single seats here and there...  It's pretty sold out, to be honest.  

What is the demand like for Angels home Opening Day?  I got my portion of season tix today and was blown away to see the FACE on my tickets for the game at $200.  I would be impressed if those tix were to sell at face value on the secondary market.

I can tell you that the CHEAPEST ticket I have for sale at the box office is in 533, and they are $46.  There are seats out in the far corners of the field level, with fees, $58.50 thru ticketmaster and the "discount" the Angels put out on Twitter earlier today.  NOTHING available between the bases, and single seats here and there...  It's pretty sold out, to be honest.  

Which is why I'm going Sunday :) Never attempted to buy for OD.

Stubhub was the worst way to sell tickets. The Angels ticket exchange (before stubhub) was light years better. MLB signed the stupid stubhub agreement which forced clubs to use stubhub. In turn, stubhub charged their 15% commission to the seller AND exorbitant fees to the buyer. If somebody tried to by a pair of $1 tickets, the final price to the buyer was over $10! That left .85/tix to the seller while Stubhub made a killing off that transaction.

I give praise to Arte for fighting against MLB and getting back to the ticket exchange. The stubhub policy was taking money out of both the clubs and SSH pockets. Arte is trying to protect the face value of tickets and by doing that he needs to retake control. The club will be able to take advantage of dynamic pricing model while the SSH paid one flat fee for the entire year. This in turn this will help protect the value of SSH pricing.

SSH can still sell tickets on Stubhub but will notice less in return.

Either the OP works for Stubhub or never used the ticket exchange.

I equate this situation to buying a car. I buy a car from a dealership. 2 years later, I want to sell said car. Essentially, you are all saying that if I sold that car for any amount, the dealer would demand a cut of the car purchase. 

Your scenario isn't the same. Stubhub also takes a commission, then rapes the buyer with more fees. I'm trying to find where stubhub fits in your scenario?

I'm in Terrace 201 seats 1-5 Sunday. (See my Voucher whine.)

Electronic or did you come to the stadium to do it??  I have done so many vouchers already, I laugh when I see them...  People come up and they have a STACK in their hands, and the ones that are my FAVORITES are the ones that don't actually have a clue what games they want yet!! It's like, hello, how long have you had these, and I know they come with a schedule of games, how can you NOT pick your games ahead of coming to the stadium????

Electronic or did you come to the stadium to do it??  I have done so many vouchers already, I laugh when I see them...  People come up and they have a STACK in their hands, and the ones that are my FAVORITES are the ones that don't actually have a clue what games they want yet!! It's like, hello, how long have you had these, and I know they come with a schedule of games, how can you NOT pick your games ahead of coming to the stadium????  It's like I want to go outside and slap them upside the head!!!

EEElectronic (online redeem). $200. 60 games! Seats in LOGE on 1st base side show one section only  (348) instead of 344-348 when attempting to redeem - since 3/7 for every game I check. If you buy one of those Vs today, it still shows sec 344-348 as valid. What gives?

I know what games I wanted  -- opening week and 1 in the summer when kids are off.

Don't know, cause I don't have anything to do with online stuff.  I know I can pull up tickets in those sections for customers that come with the paper vouchers..  but it depends on the game as to what is available. What game and how many seats?? I am going in tomorrow, and I can check.. 

EEElectronic (online redeem). $200. 60 games! Seats in LOGE on 1st base side show one section only  (348) instead of 344-348 when attempting to redeem - since 3/7 for every game I check. If you buy one of those Vs today, it still shows sec 344-348 as valid. What gives?

I know what games I wanted  -- opening week and 1 in the summer when kids are off.

Thu, Jun 20 Angels vs Seattle Mariners (cj bobblehead)

Fri, Jun 21 Angels vs Pittsburgh Pirates (big bang)
Sun, Jun 23 Angels vs Pittsburgh Pirates

Fri, Jul 19 Angels vs Oakland Athletics (big bang)
Sun, Jul 21 Angels vs Oakland Athletics

Mon, Jul 22 Angels vs Minnesota Twins
Tue, Jul 23 Angels vs Minnesota Twins (surfing rally plush)
Wed, Jul 24 Angels vs Minnesota Twins 12PM starttime

Thu, Aug 1 Angels vs Toronto Blue Jays (AP pint glass)
Fri, Aug 2 Angels vs Toronto Blue Jays (big bang)
Sat, Aug 3 Angels vs Toronto Blue Jays (kids trout jersey)
Sun, Aug 4 Angels vs Toronto Blue Jays

Mon, Aug 5 Angels vs Texas Rangers
Tue, Aug 6 Angels vs Texas Rangers
Wed, Aug 7 Angels vs Texas Rangers

Fri, Aug 16 Angels vs Houston Astros (big bang)
Sat, Aug 17 Angels vs Houston Astros
Sun, Aug 18 Angels vs Houston Astros

Mon, Aug 19 Angels vs Cleveland Indians
Tue, Aug 20 Angels vs Cleveland Indians
Wed, Aug 21 Angels vs Cleveland Indians 4PM starttime

Mon, Sep 2 Angels vs Tampa Bay Rays
Tue, Sep 3 Angels vs Tampa Bay Rays
Wed, Sep 4 Angels vs Tampa Bay Rays
Thu, Sep 5 Angels vs Tampa Bay Rays

I'm a season seat holder as well and I think I'll eventually like the exchange better. The problem now is so few fans know it exists and it isn't exactly easy to find when I go on the Angels' site. With enough awareness I think it'll do fine. Until then it's a pain because I have to use stubhub to sell games I can't attend. I'd rather sell on the exchange because it costs less to do so. Hey Angels, publicize this thing better!

Just one comment.  Lowering the beer prices....that is a myth.  It may have happened the first couple of years after Arte bought the team but definitely not seeing that the last few years. That said, it is good to do research when buying tickets.  Sometimes it is better through the new Ticket Exchange and sometime through Stub Hub....it all depends on your timing of buying the tickets.  

Stubhub was the worst way to sell tickets. The Angels ticket exchange (before stubhub) was light years better. MLB signed the stupid stubhub agreement which forced clubs to use stubhub. In turn, stubhub charged their 15% commission to the seller AND exorbitant fees to the buyer. If somebody tried to by a pair of $1 tickets, the final price to the buyer was over $10! That left .85/tix to the seller while Stubhub made a killing off that transaction.

I give praise to Arte for fighting against MLB and getting back to the ticket exchange. The stubhub policy was taking money out of both the clubs and SSH pockets. Arte is trying to protect the face value of tickets and by doing that he needs to retake control. The club will be able to take advantage of dynamic pricing model while the SSH paid one flat fee for the entire year. This in turn this will help protect the value of SSH pricing.

SSH can still sell tickets on Stubhub but will notice less in return.

Either the OP works for Stubhub or never used the ticket exchange.

Fees for the buyer for ticket exchange this year are basically the same as stubhub last year (10% of the ticket price +$4.95 delivery).  Only difference is last year stubhub had a $5 minimum or 10% so if your order wasn't at least $50 you were paying a little more but only a couple bucks (the $5 min really killed people who buy single tickets because it would turn a $1 ticket into $10.95). 

Electronic or did you come to the stadium to do it??  I have done so many vouchers already, I laugh when I see them...  People come up and they have a STACK in their hands, and the ones that are my FAVORITES are the ones that don't actually have a clue what games they want yet!! It's like, hello, how long have you had these, and I know they come with a schedule of games, how can you NOT pick your games ahead of coming to the stadium????  It's like I want to go outside and slap them upside the head!!!

Gee Patti ... It sounds like your job would be really fun if you didn't have to deal with those darn customers.  But going outside and physically assailing them with a slap upside the head sounds like a pretty solid response.

And people complain that customer service is dead in our society.