• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why did the Angels do away with StubHub?

ODNight

I actually LOVE my job.  It's fun, too!  Then you have those customers that make your day... I checked online, and I want seats for this game, and they give you a section, row and seat numbers!!!

Gee Patti ... It sounds like your job would be really fun if you didn't have to deal with those darn customers.  But going outside and physically assailing them with a slap upside the head sounds like a pretty solid response.

And people complain that customer service is dead in our society.  

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten a tickets to a couple games so far, and so far the best price for me has still been stubhub.  As the season starts off and the dynamic pricing truly kicks in, I'm sure that will change.  Instead of just checking stubhub like I did in the past, I now check 4 sites for tickets for a game:

Stubhub

714tickets

Angels ticket exchange

Angels/ticketmaster regular sales site

I find tickets in the area I want, and then go to the checkout page on the sites, and see who has the cheapest total once fees and whatnot are factored in.

Do I think Disney was the major factor? No

Do I think they were a factor? Yes

Do I think Arte is a factor in the Angels not going to the World Series in the last ten years (with all the money spent)? Yes

How is arte a factor in the team not going to the world series?

Probably not smart to talk about bad customers who are Angels fans on a site that is an Angels site in a thread that the organization would probably read if they were to come on here. 

As for the ticket re-sell situation, really don't care since I attend most. Only games I don't go to is the Red Sox/Yanks/Dodgers and it is not because $$$ is made off of these games as much as I go to over seventy games or so and don't feel like dealing with their fan base. Rather watch those on a couch with good beer. Also, people are mistaken if they think most SSH actually turn a profit by selling tixs throughout the season. I am sure some do but you would need to sell quite a bit of your season to do so. By putting a little effort into it money can still be made on the "premium" games, simple supply and demand. 

I'm a season seat holder as well and I think I'll eventually like the exchange better. The problem now is so few fans know it exists and it isn't exactly easy to find when I go on the Angels' site. With enough awareness I think it'll do fine. Until then it's a pain because I have to use stubhub to sell games I can't attend. I'd rather sell on the exchange because it costs less to do so. Hey Angels, publicize this thing better!

This is my position, Advertise the Ticket Exchange 

Buyers also need to be aware that tickets stop being sold about 12 hours before game time on the Exchange. Last minute tickets are going to be come harder to come by.

I've gotten a tickets to a couple games so far, and so far the best price for me has still been stubhub.  As the season starts off and the dynamic pricing truly kicks in, I'm sure that will change.  Instead of just checking stubhub like I did in the past, I now check 4 sites for tickets for a game:

Stubhub

714tickets

Angels ticket exchange

Angels/ticketmaster regular sales site

I find tickets in the area I want, and then go to the checkout page on the sites, and see who has the cheapest total once fees and whatnot are factored in.

You know how to buy tickets!  Everyone should do exactly this when buying.

This won't affect how many games I get to. 714 tickets is fantastic. I'm not sure how anybody could hate that place. I always find 5-10 dollar tickets and without fees and convenient pickup, it's a perfect situation. 

Two words: Roger Lodge.

How is arte a factor in the team not going to the world series?

Well, maybe we can start with the fact that the decisions he did not make, were made by employees he hired or chose to retain. I'm at a loss regarding any possible explanation you could give that would have Arte not being a large factor in anything the Angels do.