• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why did the Angels do away with StubHub?

ODNight

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there is nothing that prevents you from using craiglist or Stubhub.  They just don't make it convenient at all anymore.  Your recourse, is not to renew your season tickets.  

With how much tickets are, and all games on TV.  Unless it's summer fanfest, I've had no desire to go to games live.  

agreed...its so annoying he fields a team with multiple all-stars and potential hall of fame players..i mean, wtf is that about. then to top it off he makes the team have a competitive payroll year after year!?! .who does this clown think he is? i miss the days this team was owned by disney..this arte guy needs to go!

agreed...its so annoying he fields a team with multiple all-stars and potential hall of fame players..i mean, wtf is that about. then to top it off he makes the team have a competitive payroll year after year!?! .who does this clown think he is? i miss the days this team was owned by disney..this arte guy needs to go!

So do I . The World Series was nice.

This is the new norm. Get used to it. I know it seems like season seat holders are being treated unfairly but there is only one reason for it...

It's because the owners can.

If you don't buy your seats next season, there are others in line that will. I know it sucks but it is what it is.

Oh and there's nothing wrong with what Arte has done.

If you can't go to all the games, either find a partner or buy a smaller plan and not the full season.  You actually get a discount on tickets as a season seat holder.  My season seat cost me $7 per game.  JUST for opening day, seats in my section are able to be purchased AT THE BOX OFFICE for $44 EACH.  Tickets in the Left Field Pavilion (the FAMILY SECTION!!) are $75 each for adults and $45 for kids!!!  If you think Arte is "stabbing the season seat holders in the back" then don't renew. Or cancel your tickets and get a refund.  You can still do that, you know., 

I know I'm a rare one, as not only do I work at the stadium, but I own my season seat again this year, and go to probably 75 HOME games each year, so very few of my seats are sold to others.  But other sports have been using the ticketmaster "ticket exchange" for years, and even MLB had it for a while. It was only when MLB decided to go to Stubhub to begin with that some people don't like the ticket exchange now.  So it's NOT new, just something different. I imagine that by the end of the season, you'll get used to the ticket exchange. 

What is the demand like for Angels home Opening Day?  I got my portion of season tix today and was blown away to see the FACE on my tickets for the game at $200.  I would be impressed if those tix were to sell at face value on the secondary market.

There's a chick sitting in the second or third row behind home plate, just to the right, at this Angels vs. D'backs game with huge cans.  She's wearing an outfit that makes me think she's trying to score a player.   She don't know that Juan Rivera don't play for the Angels no more.

you really credit that to disney? lol

Disney should get a lot of credit.  Uniforms we all love.  A great redone stadium from a mausoleum, and on top of that, negotiating a great stadium lease with the city.  And the biggest one.  Not finding the highest bidder to buy the team, but the right owner to buy the team.  Can say the same thing about the Ducks also.  Two great owners.  Just think how many would be on AW.com if McCourt bought the team instead.  

What is the demand like for Angels home Opening Day?  I got my portion of season tix today and was blown away to see the FACE on my tickets for the game at $200.  I would be impressed if those tix were to sell at face value on the secondary market.

There's a chick sitting in the second or third row behind home plate, just to the right, at this Angels vs. D'backs game with huge cans.  She's wearing an outfit that makes me think she's trying to score a player.   She don't know that Juan Rivera don't play for the Angels no more.

bravo Downing.  Went from talking about tickets, to a chick with cans.