• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels April Predictions

Who gets to be the goat this April now that Hatcher is gone?

Honestly now that you mention it, I could see a Hatcher situation developing with Butcher. There are so many similarities there. I could see Dipoto canning him to spark the team. Just a prediction though. I hope the pitching in April isn't bad enough to the point that Butcher needs to be canned. 

Honestly now that you mention it, I could see a Hatcher situation developing with Butcher. There are so many similarities there. I could see Dipoto canning him to spark the team. Just a prediction though. I hope the pitching in April isn't bad enough to the point that Butcher needs to be canned. 

wow...this is news...you wanting butcher fired?..since when?

3 Against Cincinnati, a team who won 97 games last year, went 50-31 at home, without Joey Votto for most of the year… That's a tough opening series. Last year against the Royals, they went 1-2. Then followed that up by losing series to the Twins 1-2, and the Yankees 1-2.

This year, after 3 @ Cincinnati they go to Texas for three, before hosting Oakland and Houston. Follow that up with a shot three game trip to Minnesota, then a home stand against two playoff teams in Detroit and Texas. The a six game trip to Seattle and Oakland finishes the month out.

So, going off the opponents, worst case 0-3 against CIN. 2-4 against TEX. 2-3 against OAK. 2-1 against HOU. 2-1 against MIN. 1-2 vs Detroit. 2-2 versus Seattle. 0+2+3+2+2+1+1 = worst case = 11-16. Best case 2-1 versus CIN, 4-2 versus TEX, 4-1 versus Oakland, 3-0 versus Houston, 3-0 versus MIN, 2-1 versus Detroit, 3-1 versus Seattle. 21-6 best case.

So averaging those two out, and you end up 16-11. 

In May, they face the A's once, on the road, then four with Baltimore at home. Then three with Houston and three with the White Sox on the road. Then they face KC for three at home, the White Sox for four and Seattle for two. Then it's to KC for four and across town for two with the Dodgers. Then two with the Dodgers at home and one with Houston to end the month.

That could be a very good month. 29 games. 16 games at home. 13 on the road. Best teams that they face won 94 games in 2012 (A's, Orioles) but they also face several 70 win and less teams this month.

Best case, 22-7, worst case 15-14.

In June it's three with Houston, then two with Cubs at Home. They follow this with a three game trip to Boston then three in Baltimore. They come back to face the Yankees at home for three, Seattle for four, and Pittsburgh for three. Then it's off to Detroit for thee and Houston for three.

15 at Home, 12 on the road, The 10 game homestand in the middle of the month should net some wins, plus the five games at the beginning of the month against Houston and the Cubs should be games in which the Angels are favored. 21-6 best case, 16-11 worst case.

In July before the break, it's three with St. Louis at home, followed by three with Boston, then two in Wrigley and three in Seattle at Safeco. 

11 games. 6 at home. Win four of those, three on the road, and it's 7-4 worst case. They could go 10-1 best case or even, (GULP) 11-0 if they are on a roll.

Best case scenario, 75 wins at the break (75-19). That's very optimistic. Likely impossible. Yet, since there schedule is much tougher in the second half of the season, they do need to do well in the first half. (13 games against Texas in the second half, 13 against Oakland, with just 6 games against Seattle and 6 against Houston….plus they get 7 against the Rays, 7 against the Jays, four against the Yankees. They play 6 against Cleveland, 3 against Minnesota, and three against the Brewers).

My worst case scenario is not really the worst case, just more of an uninspiring season, 49-45 at the break. If they do that, the playoffs aren't looking good because of there second half schedule.

Average them out and you have a 62-32 record. Which would be a 107 win pace. And what I expect in the first half.