• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baylor injured in 1st ball ceremony

Who was the coach that got hit by a car in a gas station, on the way back from ST a few years back?

Prestin Gomez, he died shortly thereafter.  It was the same year as the Adenhart accident, 2009.  The team ending up wearing two memorial patches that year.  I have a game used Brandon Wood jersey with those two patches on it.  It's a pretty sobering testimonial to tragedy and disappointment.

Edited by tomsred

I don't think we can determine whether or not the Angels are a more "cursed" team than others without doing a complete history of each team's "losses" over the years and determine some type of average injuries per year or something silly like that.

The point being is that the human mind sees an event like this and places special emphasis on it resulting in a skewed point of view that X event happens more often to "us".

Same principle of how we believe the Angels get pounded on by "Cy [insert Player X Who is Pitching for the First Time in the Majors]". The reality is that every team experiences getting owned by young pitchers they haven't seen before not just the Angels. Same thing applies to the "curses" above.

^yeah, the kyle one was real sad

I forget the namenoff the top of my head, but I was at the game (with great seats-pre 2002) when whoever went down with the brain aneurysm. That was real weird to see, no idea what had just happened.

Shoot, hanson and vargas last year were pretty out there too

Was that the umpire?

^yeah, the kyle one was real sad

I forget the namenoff the top of my head, but I was at the game (with great seats-pre 2002) when whoever went down with the brain aneurysm. That was real weird to see, no idea what had just happened.

Pretty sure that was Kent Mercker.