• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

La Habra Earthquake

Was pretty strong here in Brea, felt more than 5.1

I think it's weird that the keep saying it was east of La Habra. Wouldn't that make it in Brea? Anyway, this is the closest I've been to a quake so I agree it's not like any 5.1 that I've felt. I can't imagine being this close to a 6.0.

I think it's weird that the keep saying it was east of La Habra. Wouldn't that make it in Brea? Anyway, this is the closest I've been to a quake so I agree it's not like any 5.1 that I've felt. I can't imagine being this close to a 6.0.

I think they measure from where the city center is because the location is always given as 1 or 3km away from say La Habra or Buena Park. You can take the latitude and longitude from usgs and put that in google and it comes up as 241 Industry Ave. in La Habra. 

I think they measure from where the city center is because the location is always given as 1 or 3km away from say La Habra or Buena Park. You can take the latitude and longitude from usgs and put that in google and it comes up as 241 Industry Ave. in La Habra. 

I did that for the Northridge earthquake and found that where I was living at the time was only 3.3 miles from the epicenter.

Interesting how many of the earthquakes that have been going on for the last month and a half or so just happen to be up and down the San Andreas, yet I haven't heard anyone (News-related) talking about it yet.

My advice, if you live in the So Cal region, is to grab about 15 gallons of water per person that you live with, a week's worth of canned food, make a plan for where to meet up with loved ones, and make sure you have a fully stocked First Aid Kit and then have it in a place that you can get to in an emergency.

Yes, I know it sounds kinda paranoid, but it's also something you should be doing anyway in case of emergency.

Remember, geologically speaking, the San Andreas is years past due already.

Stay safe, everyone.

I have been reading all about these quakes. I am not used to them, even though I have lived here for 18 years now.  To be honest, they scare the crap out of me!!  Hubby and I were out to dinner on Friday when the foreshock hit at 8pm, but didn't feel it, or even hear about it.  We were on our way home, when I got a text from a friend about the Trout extension. When I got home, I sat down at my computer to read about it, and BAM!!!  That 5.1 hit.  We live about a mile away from the epicenter of that one.  My friend lives closer--right off Gilbert and Rosecrans-- and she lost some of her brick fencing, a flat screen tv fell and broke, her cats ran away, the water heater broke, and she's right at the water main break, so she had no cold water, either. 

I had a hard time going to sleep Friday night. I would sleep for an hour or so, and then would feel something shake that would wake me up, either real or imagined, so I didn't get much sleep at all.

When I was at work at the stadium yesterday, we had one about 9am that I felt, and then the one at 230, we all felt, too!!  It was freaky, because the stadium, shook... 

And we just had another 2.7 which was over really quick, but it rolled here.. maybe lasted 5 or 10 seconds.. 

As much as I love the Angels and I love the California weather, I can't handle earthquakes.  I'm ready to move..