• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ervin Santana's Representation Currently Unsettled

gotbeer

Turning down qualifying offers has not worked out very well for some free agents.

Neither has boasting they should get $100 million+ contracts.  

I wonder if Santana would have been signed a long time ago, if his agent didn't make that claim?

ESPN's Buster Olney tweeted shortly after that should Santana go that route, he needs to understand that teams are still very leery of his medical reports and concerned about his elbow. Olney points out that teams are nervous due to the fact that Santana threw more sliders than any pitcher in baseball last year.

Interesting. Didn't know that his arm health was also in question.

Interesting. Didn't know that his arm health was also in question.

If I remember right.  Even when he was on the Angels, he had elbow issues.  Think it caused some debate on the forums, because it was described as a strain.  And the MD's were debating on what exactly a strain meant/severity of it.  

I wonder if he'd sign a 1 year deal with somebody in June and hit the reset button on his free agency next year.

I know Orlando Cabrera signed a deal a few years ago that prohibited his team from offering him arbitration. Is it legal under the current CBA to have a clause like that regarding Qualifying Offers?

If I remember right.  Even when he was on the Angels, he had elbow issues.  Think it caused some debate on the forums, because it was described as a strain.  And the MD's were debating on what exactly a strain meant/severity of it.  

The Angels made him cut back on throwing the slider to prevent strain on his arm after nearly needing Tommy John surgery following his breakout season. The Royals this year, with Ervin on a one year contract, instructed him to throw a lot more sliders.

Overall though Ervin has been very durable throughout his career.