• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Our #3/4/5 in a nutshell

fan_since79

Great post!

I find it funny how quickly some people write off our rotation.  Its like they have never watched an MLB season unfold.  

We have 3 young starters who have potential to be great consistent starters.  There is no point in speculating and analyzing career numbers for 3 guys who could be a hit or miss.  I would rather have the 3 guys we have now who could potentially pan out then throw guys like Blanton out there who you already know are garbage.  I would be more worried about the offense coming through.  If the offense doesnt perform as expected were screwed regardless of our rotation.

THIS

I'm one who has constantly bemoaned letting kids rot on the bench, or in the minors, or coming up and down from SLC to sit on the bench....so having young players being given a chance to sink or swim with extended time on the big club is more than OK with me.

Beats the Madsen, Hanson, Blanton type option any day.

Grip it and rip it, I say.

Edited by Homebrewer

Players are not required to come here just because we want them.

My guess is the fact that we haven't sniffed the post season in 4 seasons, with a top 5 payroll isn't helping attract anyone, especially when we aren't offering "stupid" amounts of money to change minds. (which would send this place into meltdown too)

Admit it..

This team has been a baseball joke for a few years running.

Edited by Homebrewer

Skaggs has barely pitched in the majors. Using his small sample size is worthless since he projects to be much better. Give him time and he will turn into a solid pitcher.

Santiago has pitched well in his time as a starter. Until he proves otherwise, he looks like a nice #4 starter.

Richards did well in his stint last year as a starter.

Sure, these guys all have their question marks but they're also very young. It's better to go with this group than the group we went with last year.

What the hell is an ERA+?

Adjusted ERA+

A pitching statistic in baseball that is an adjustment of a pitcher's ERA, based on his home ballpark (whether it favors pitchers or batters) and also the average ERA of the particular league in which he pitches. An average adjusted ERA+ is 100, with a score over 100 indicating that a pitcher has performed better than the average, and a score below 100 pointing to below-average performance. 

Also referred to as "ERA Plus".

http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictionary/mlb/adjusted-eraplus.aspx

Edited by fan_since79

• 6 months later...