• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mark Mulder News....

Chuck

"The guy we signed on a minor league deal and had about a 10 percent chance of being our fifth starter for two months, at best, is now out! We'd better spend a lot of money on a major league starter to replace him!"

Folks, I like Mark Mulder as much as anyone -- more, probably. He's a great guy and I wanted to cover him. It's a big deal because it was going to be a really good interesting story.

But as for how much this hurts the Angels, it really makes almost no difference.

"The guy we signed on a minor league deal and had about a 10 percent chance of being our fifth starter for two months, at best, is now out! We'd better spend a lot of money on a major league starter to replace him!"

Folks, I like Mark Mulder as much as anyone -- more, probably. He's a great guy and I wanted to cover him. It's a big deal because it was going to be a really good interesting story.

But as for how much this hurts the Angels, it really makes almost no difference.

Well it knocks the already paper-thin rotation depth the Angels had down another peg.

Hasn't pitched since July 2008 and hasn't won a game since 2006.

I wouldn't have touched mulder with a 10ft pole

I have absolutely no issue with them bringing Mulder in.

I DO have an issue with the fact that as the offseason dragged on, it seemed more and more like they were looking at him as more than a lottery ticket.

I think Garrett from MonkeyWithAHalo summed it up better than I can:

Maybe in year four of his tenure (assuming there is one), Dipoto will finally catch onto the concept of rotation depth.

The fact that losing Mark Mulder to injury is a legitimate problem for the Angels is pretty damning.

Upon which time he immediately became a serious contender for a rotation spot, or the 1st or 2nd guy called upon when one of the 5 starters got hurt.

A position which they were seemingly completely comfortable with him being in for some inexplicable reason, judging by the fact that they have subsequently failed to do anything else to cover themselves in the event of an injury to a starter.

I had next to no expectations for Mark Mulder this year, however the FO seemed to have been operating under the assumption that Mulder was going to work like Tinker Bell and be an effective major league starter if they just believed hard enough.

Edited by jshep