• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who then if not Garza bolsters this staff?

Chuck

Who we getting to bolster the staff?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see acquired or signed since Garza is OUT!

• Bronson Arroyo (if years are short, price is decent)
    • Paul Maholm
    • Chris Capuano
    • Scott Baker
    • AJ Burnett
    • Jason Hammel
    • Ubaldo Jimenez
    • Ervin Santana
    • Jeff Niemann
    • Roy Oswalt
    • Jason Marquis
    • Johan Santana
    • Daisuke Matsuzaka
    • Joe Saunders
    • Other (post who it is if voted on)
    • Acquire a SP via a Trade
    • Stand Pat

Closest thing to a #3 on that list are Burnett, Jimenez, and ****face Santana.

Burnett won't sign we already know that, and the cost to sign Jimenez or Santana isn't worth it. 

Have to go with Arroyo if the money and years are right. He fits the need of the proven starter and should be a solid addition to a rotation that has only 2 pitchers who have experience throwing the 200ip we need(Of course Blanton is a 200ip, but isn't an option if the team is saying they're looking for SP for the right price).

Arroyo is the best candidate. I'd try for 2 + a mutual option, but he wants three.

Hammel is a buy low. 

Or Maybe they think they're set with a front three of Weaver, Wilson, and Richards… and the 4 and 5 from Santiago, Skaggs, Shoemaker, LeBlanc, Mulder, Blanton.

I'd look at Jerome Williams now too...

xboom, why aren't you high on Santiago? He had a very solid ERA last year of 3.54. I realize he isn't a proven commodity, but from my understanding he has really good stuff.

It's just that, he isn't proven. Hasn't shown he can throw 200 IP. At this point, I am hoping Mulder can give us about 80IP. Then, when he breaks down, maybe Santiago (who I prefer as long relief/spot starter to begin the season) can pick up and maybe even become that 3/4 with Richards. This way, he'd have some gas in the tank still come playoff time. If we pull this rabbit out of course.

the problem i see from the realistic names on that list is that none of them are a true #3 at this point. 

Some of them might be, or could be.. but could also be more like 4 or 5s.

Are any of those guys you would really want to give the ball to in a playoff game?  To me thats kinda the measuring stick when i think about a 3

Jim-Mora-playoffs.jpeg

yes i think the playoffs are possible, whats the point of going after any of these guys if it isnt?

god the negativity of some here is astounding... you guys are fair weather fans at best and probably never heard of this team before 02 because you would have killed yourself back in the 80 and 90s...

Super fan sighting.

Listen, I am not a fair weather fan. The fact that I'm even posting on this board giving a #$@% after watching 4 complete seasons of crap proves otherwise. I love this team and I always will, I just hate how they have sucked lately. This old notion that "real fans" can't ever get frustrated and have to be blind optimists baffles me.

He's not a Super Fan. He's a FAN of the team he loves and is frustrated with other fans who bitch, moan and are not satisfied. He's happy with the team, much like a good majority of us are, but sees posts that say we don't have a chance at the playoffs, we suck, we need 2 more players to even think about contending blah blah.

You can be objective all you want if you're a local or national sports writer, but come April every team starts 0-0 and history proves that teams with a shit ton of payroll and paper championships don't win actual games from April-Sept, or through October.

Stop trying to tell me we suck or we're XYZ away from having a chance from being good or from being great. I've seen it all discussed prior to the season for over 30 years and we've always been wrong! Be excited about the team we have, whether it tickles your fantasy Angels team's balls or not.

/End Rant