• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A-Roid accepting his fate?

NJHalo

Looks like he has finally caved:

Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez has been suspended for the entire 2014 season and he seems to have finally come to peace with that fact.

In speaking publicly for the first time since his unprecedented PED-related suspension, A-Rod put a positive spin on the situation.

“I think that the year 2014 could be a big favor that [Major League Baseball has] done for me because I've been playing for 20 years without a timeout,” he said (nypost.com). “I think 2014 is a good year to rest mentally and physically and prepare for the future and begin a new chapter in my life.”

This is probably the attitude he should have had from the get-go because it seemed pretty obvious MLB was going to do whatever it took to make sure he was banned. When you're owed over $50 million in the remaining three years after the contract, maybe just accept the penalty instead of trying to sue everyone? So good for A-Rod at this juncture to see the writing on the wall. Finally.

Of course, this is a departure from the actions of A-Rod's legal team of late. Not only has there been word he planned to attend spring training -- despite the Yankees possibly making him stand on the side and do nothing -- but he also filed a lawsuit against MLB and the Major League Baseball Players Association, the latter of which had supported him just one day earlier.

Despite the MLBPA releasing a very stern statement in the direction of A-Rod, he says that he's gotten support from his peers.

Via nypost.com:

Rodriguez said he's received support, “not just from my Yankees teammates, but also players from other teams, retired players, Hall of Fame players and lots of good people, owners of other teams.”

Whether you believe him or not, let us all breathe a collective sigh of relief. It would appear the A-Rod circus is leaving town for a while, possibly (hopefully!) for the entire season.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24410768/a-rod-ready-for-break-calls-suspension-a-favor

He may be resigned to the fact that he cannot win, but I still believe that he is convinced that he did nothing wrong. The man has no moral compass whatsoever, the kind of guy who could look you in the eye and tell you that he didn't do something you just watched him do. As far as any kind of amends, that train pulled out of the station the minute he started attacking the Players' Association.

By his peers, I assume that he means fellow steroid users.

He's 6 hrs from making an additional $6mil. 

People will come to see him even if it's to boo him.  The Yankees could take the high road and release him or they might whore themselves out to the media frenzy that would surround him. 

I could see Arod being a Marlin in a couple of years.

He's 6 hrs from making an additional $6mil.

People will come to see him even if it's to boo him. The Yankees could take the high road and release him or they might whore themselves out to the media frenzy that would surround him.

I was just going to post I see the Yankees trading Arod to the Marlins and eating a ton of cash. The Yankees may end up paying more of Miami's payroll than the Markins due factoring in revenue sharing from the CBT. Edited by YouthofToday

i feel bad for the guy

just because he isn't hitting as good as he used to.....what a joke, fuk the union,mlb and everybody involed

Hard for me to feel bad about a guy who has been cheating since HS and made over 350 Million so far...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4114292

"Bitch Tits" needs to just go away already.

i feel bad for the guy

just because he isn't hitting as good as he used to.....what a joke, fuk the union,mlb and everybody involed

to each his own, but what the F* ever man. arod is the instrument of his own undoing in every way. to blame others for his misfortune or ultimate fate is to court the same folly arod has sewn.

He is going to go the route of team player. We will see him on ESPN sitting in the stands at Spring training cheering on his teammates. When they interview him he will say "I am a Yankee for life!!" and "I'm still a member of this team, what should I be doing?".

That might be the only spot where he could reasonably land. Although Miami is a large city, in baseball it is a relative backwater. He played high school baseball in the Miami area, and he was recruited by the University of Miami as both a baseball player and a football quarterback.