• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What Angels player did you mimic as a kid?

winston llenas and dirty al gallagher (i was a third baseman in little league). probably did some jim fregosi, too. hit my teen years and tried a little nolan ryan and don baylor.

the player i used to emulate the most was johnny bench. could also do a decent brooks robinson.

i almost got in a fight for trying to pass myself off as brian downing one time.

brother and i were at the local little league fielding playing some catch and hitting a few balls. i was even wearing an angels batting helmet, one of those you got from the souvenir stands for a couple of bucks. some kid and his dad show up, and while the dad is getting gear out of the car, the kid sees my angels helmet and asks me who i am. i was a pretty cocky 19 year old, so i told him i was brian downing. kid's jaw drops that a superstar like downing was RIGHT HERE!. kid goes running to tell his old man, and the dad starts yelling and swearing at me for trying to dupe his kid. brother and i high tail it out of there lickity split. i thought the old man was gonna come and do batting practice on my face and figured that wouldn't have been a healthy thing. *i then climbed into my 64 caddy and drove 105 mph in reverse on the 293 for 18 miles, going full puig but without the arrest part.

*this part may or may not be true.