• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hopes, Wishes and Reality!!!

Halofan

I love these Angel forums as I have been a part of them forever it seems. It took me a while to make it to this one, As I enjoyed our old one so much it was hard to change. But living in Georgia these forums provide a great source of info to keep up with my beloved Angels.  And I understand the optimism that surrounds every preseason. But sadly reality starts to set in about June or July for a lot of us Angel fans. Is this another preseason where we are putting more faith in hope and wishes or is this a preseason we are dealing with reality?

It seems we are wishing for a lot this preseason out of our Angels. Good bounce back seasons for Pujols and Hamilton , Trout to continue on what looks like an amazing career. Freese to give us a good bat at third and not let us down to much on defense.( I hope for this one a lot,) I don't remember us having a power bat at third since Troy Glaus , Granted Freese don't have the power of Glaus but he has the potential to bring a lot more to the offense then Callaspo did. I don't know why we waited so long to make a change at third. We are hoping for a rookie to step up and play a solid right field for us and provide some offense also, And for Ibanez a 41 year old D.H. to have enough left in the tank to kill the ball like he always has at the Big A. Yeah I know it is now called Edison field or some commercial B.S. name now, but it will always be the Big A to me. It seems like we are placing a whole lot of hope in our pitching staff this season. 

The reality is our pitching staff is still very questionable at best. Granted Weaver and Wilson are very solid at the top of our rotation. After that the waters get very murky at best can we truly count on Santiago and Skaggs and Richard's ? I know many of us here are hoping for the best, But the reality is that the sample size is so small. That in reality we don't really know what to expect or wish for. And can these guys hold up over the course of the long season? And Lord forbid a injury happen to Weaver or Wilson. We definitely need to find a capable 6th starter / long reliever to give these guys a break over the course of the season. And I'm not even going to touch on the bull pen as we need some help there also. So at this point we seem to be having a lot of hopes and wishes but I am hoping that reality don't set in about June or July.

In closing I want to wish all of you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND THE BEST OF NEW YEARS, While I am new to this board I have been a member of these Angel forums ever since we started on the old L.A. Times board. I am also a life long Angel fan , I still hold onto the Tim Salmon bobble head that a member of the old L.A. Times board sent me from Tim Salmon bobble head night. And I hold onto the 2002 Championship hat another member sent me when we won it all. I'll never forget the times we had on the old boards . Like the night Tim Mead found out about our web site and invited us all to a game at the cost of the Angels. While I as unable to attend due to living in Georgia. Many of the posters from the old board did attend and Tim Mead put them up in a sky box at the Big A and stayed with them during the game. We had some awesome times on the old boards. I hope to enjoy some very good times here as well... Here is hoping for a great season for our Angels, May it be more of a reality then a lot of hope and wishes, 

Wow so sorry glen's chuckyyy's must of gave me the wrong's link's? I thought this was the Angel's baseball's forum's .  It must be that California's education's that I have. I did not realize's that I was on the spelling bee's forum's or the punctuation's forum's. I have been posting my love of Angel's baseball's with guys like Pablo , AngelJunky (Tony Delnoce) , Big Del , Halo (Scott Thurman) , chuckyyy, carl-g  ,Mark Hennemeth and so many more for 15 years or better. Maybe you should police those Angel's contract's as well as you play grammar cop's on this board. All I care about is Angel's baseball is this the site for that or this Webster's site where the grammar police hang out? Sorry glen's if I offended you's's's's's's's's... ;)

Good news. The stadium doesn't have a corporate name. It's Angel Stadium. 

Thank you I have not been in California since I left in 86 ... I thought at one time they were talking about changing the name to Edison field... Here in Georgia most of what we hear about are the Atlanta Braves. This is the first Angel forum I have been a part of since the Old L.A, Times board shut down. We alway called it the Big A...

Edited by Halofan