• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Morales and Jiminez

I really like Kendrys but it doesn't make a lot of sense to sign him. One day there will be a movie about his life. Batting clean up for Cuban national team at 18. His struggles to get to America on a raft (I think that was KM anyway). That great weekend series against the Twins in Minnesota when he proved he belonged in the big leagues. And of course his walk off grand slam. Of course it will probably be done on public access tv in the Cuban section of Miami.

Have a question - is there a potential sign-and-trade that can be done so we (or another team) wouldn't loose a draft pick

if seattle signs him to the deal and then trades him to us for some low level prospect

would that work? or is there a rule against it?

I think that is addressed in Article XX, section b, subsection 5.  

(5) Miscellaneous

(a) Any Club signing a contract with a Player under this Section
B after the expiration of the Quiet Period described in subsection
2(B) above may not assign his contract until after the next June 15.
However, notwithstanding the foregoing, such contract may be
assigned for other Player contracts and/or cash consideration of
$50,000 or less prior to the next June 16 if the Player gives written
consent to such transaction.

That was so strange. Morales should have accepted, but the Mariners should NEVER have offered. 

You never know, the Mariners may just sign Morales. They seem to be obsessed with gathering 1B/DH types this offseason. I can't believe they're going to potentially use Morrison or Hart in the outfield.