• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The "Sorry, Dipoto" Thread

Homebrewer

If Lucho Jimenez is any good then he will be able to play 3rd when Freeze reaches free agency in two years. But so far Jimenez is a .330 obp on the minors while Freese is a .350 in the majors and carried a .380 obp in the minors. I doubt seriously Lucho is suddenly going to change his ability to get on base against MLB pitching to a higher level than his minor league averages.

Do you understand run prevention?

It's increasingly more difficult to decipher if you are serious.

We filled a hole at 3rd and also obtained a reliever in the Freese trade. Is it Bourjos or Grichuk that caused your wet panties to become all twisted in a knot?

Had we not traded PB we could have had Calhoun/Hamilton/Pujols shared DH duties. Shuck as 4th OF. Lucho at 3b. We would have had a great defensive OF and good def infield.

Now we have to spend money on a DH and our OF def. Is weaker. That is why I dont like the Freese trade.

However as Homebrewer said if Freeses has a good year or if other moves are made than Dipoto has had a great off season.

Angelswin logic: You can never change your opinion on someone if they do something that goes against your original outlook of that person.

I get your joke, but the point of the thread is that many people were convinced he was awful. Just because your opinions are different doesn't mean he is wrong. The jury is still out on the Peter trade. If Freese is healthy it was a good trade.

Trumbo for Santiago straight up is a steal.  I hope they DFA Skaggs immediately before Scioscia  habitually uses him out of the 'pen in 1 run games.  I highly doubt that Skaggs will ever be a competent pitcher in MLB.

How can you be so dumb all of the time?

Why?

As far as I'm concerned we traded our best power hitter for unproven pitching. I hope I'm wrong but Dipoto has not sold me on his ability yet.

BTW- he should not get credit for filling a hole at 3b since he is the one that created the hole and IMO filled it poorly. 

???

Been a hole there since Glaus.

Dipoto didn't dump Figgy, who was never a real 3rd baseman.

Callapso was the hole..

Do you understand run prevention?

Yes, Freese is a better defender than Callaspo was and will produce better at the plate. We lose no defense in the outfield with Trout in center and Calhoun in left or right field.

Do you understand a complete and balanced lineup?

We lose nothing in the OF by having Hamilton there instead of Bourjos?

Hamilton is going to be out there regardless of who the other two feilders are. So there is no negative change in the defense in the outfield this upcoming season, it could actually be better with Calhoun over Shuck and consider Bourjos didn't log a half season of play.

Hamilton is going to be out there regardless of who the other two feilders are. So there is no negative change in the defense in the outfield this upcoming season, it could actually be better with Calhoun over Shuck and consider Bourjos didn't log a half season of play.

Hamilton would be the DH if Bourjos wasn't traded.

Of course we do, but you act like Hamilton is bad defensively. He will do just fine in LF next year and Mike will have to be better in CF than he was this past year.

He will do fine but with Bourjos there the D would be even better. Plus Hamilton would be(if he rebounds and I expect he will) much much better than any DH we will have next season.

This really boils down to Jimenez and Bourjos vs Freese and whoever the DH will be next year. That and an improvement in Defense with Bourjos in the outfield over Hamilton. Oh and how about the money? Bourjos and Jimenez cost pennies while Freese and the new DH they will hopefully sign, not so much. 

Hamilton would be the DH if Bourjos wasn't traded.

Nope, Shuck and Calhoun would ride the pine and Hamilton would be in the field.

Why so butthurt about a trade that essentially fixes third base? Bourjos was a spare part just like Callaspo was to get Green. I feel the Angels are a much more balanced team now.

Nope, Shuck and Calhoun would ride the pine and Hamilton would be in the field.

Why so butthurt about a trade that essentially fixes third base? Bourjos was a spare part just like Callaspo was to get Green. I feel the Angels are a much more balanced team now.

If you think Calhoun would ride the pine for Hamilton to be on the field, well you will never understand why I don't like the Bourjos trade.

I am assuming that the best defender would play in the OF and there is nothing to indicate that's not going to be the case.

Edited by tennischmp

Why?

As far as I'm concerned we traded our best power hitter for unproven pitching. I hope I'm wrong but Dipoto has not sold me on his ability yet.

BTW- he should not get credit for filling a hole at 3b since he is the one that created the hole and IMO filled it poorly. 

how did he create the hole at 3B?