• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The "Sorry, Dipoto" Thread

Homebrewer

Getting back on track, I'm liking how Dipoto gives some snippets of info to the press. He's let us know that Howie staying is a "safe assumption" and that the Angels are going to hit the free agent market for pitching and DH. I mean it could be all BS but at least it give the fans something to discuss.

If you think Calhoun would ride the pine for Hamilton to be on the field, well you will never understand why I don't like the Bourjos trade

If you think Scioscia is going to piss off a $25 million dollar outfielder so a super ginger unproven rookie can run, dive and miss catches you don't know crap about how MLB teams are run. Everyone whines how Trout should get to play where he wants, he was in High School when Hamilton was earning an MVP. Calhoun would sit.

If you think Scioscia is going to piss off a $25 million dollar outfielder so a super ginger unproven rookie can run, dive and miss catches you don't know crap about how MLB teams are run. Everyone whines how Trout should get to play where he wants, he was in High School when Hamilton was earning an MVP. Calhoun would sit.

Like I said if that's what you believe then there is no point debating. We will never know what Scioscia would have done.

Yes, Freese is a better defender than Callaspo was and will produce better at the plate. We lose no defense in the outfield with Trout in center and Calhoun in left or right field.

Do you understand a complete and balanced lineup?

You're first sentence is wrong.  They are pretty much equals (slight edge to Callaspo).

Wanna know who blows them out of the water and is making the minimum?  Hint:  He's on the Angels.

You're first sentence is wrong. They are pretty much equals (slight edge to Callaspo).

Wanna know who blows them out of the water and is making the minimum? Hint: He's on the Angels.

Scott, you are the minor league guy, not me, but wasn't Lucho awful defensively in the minors? I know that the fields suck, but is that the entire reason for his poor minor league defense?

I'm not complaining about losing Callaspo, I think it's odd people think Freese is that much better. 

At least there is a chance that Freese might actually come through with the bases loaded.

Callapso stunk when the big hit was needed, and his range was shrinking by the day at 3rd.

He became he 6th infielder in Oakland.

Scott, you are the minor league guy, not me, but wasn't Lucho awful defensively in the minors? I know that the fields suck, but is that the entire reason for his poor minor league defense?

He was raw in his younger days, but after his shoulder surgery in 09, he came back with his defense improved.  He was a SS until the Angels signed him so he had a little learning to do.

EG, you act like that is his ceiling? He was hurt last year. Look at his 2012 numbers. He hit .290 with 20 home runs and an obp around .370. I'll take those numbers, especially when we also have Green.

Look at Hamilton's number from two years ago. This game is fun, but proves nothing. I HOPE you are right and Dipoto knows something about Freese and his health but I'd guess Freese puts up similar numbers to what he did last year. 

I like Lucho and feel that he could be an asset on defense. I also think he is likely much better defensively than Freese. However, after pitchers figured him out (and pretty quickly I might add) the guy was abysmal at the plate. Freese is no stud with the bat but I guess the offensive difference at least offsets the defensive one.

Not defending the Freese trade as I still don't care for it but I think the potential offensive production from Freese far outweighs the defensive production from Jimenez.

All that said, I would have been perfectly fine if Lucho was to be given the starting 3B job in 2014. He would absolutely take his bumps at the plate but the defensive value would likely make him, at worst, an average player. Plus he is young and has the upside.

Edited by tdawg87

At least there is a chance that Freese might actually come through with the bases loaded.

Callapso stunk when the big hit was needed, and his range was shrinking by the day at 3rd.

He became he 6th infielder in Oakland.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=21783735&query=alberto%2Bcallaspo%2Bgrand%2Bslam

His A's numbers were actually fantastic 

Look at Hamilton's number from two years ago. This game is fun, but proves nothing. I HOPE you are right and Dipoto knows something about Freese and his health but I'd guess Freese puts up similar numbers to what he did last year.

You're right it is fun to play this game. I will assume that Peter will put up numbers similar to two years ago.

I like Lucho and feel that he could be an asset on defense. I also think he is likely much better defensively than Freese. However, after pitchers figured him out (and pretty quickly I might add) the guy was abysmal at the plate. Freese is no stud with the bat but I guess the offensive difference at least offsets the defensive one.

Not defending the Freese trade as I still don't care for it but I think the potential offensive production from Freese far outweighs the defensive production from Jimenez.

All that said, I would have been perfectly fine if Lucho was to be given the starting 3B job in 2014. He would absolutely take his bumps at the plate but the defensive value would likely make him, at worst, an average player. Plus he is young and has the upside.

IMO the Angels as a team would benefit more from the upgrade in defense than offense