• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The perfect fit - Dbacks looking for OF power bat

or maybe the plan is to keep him as there is no way we build a stellar pitching staff with whats out there right now and need the offense?
its only perfect if you think Trumbo should be moved... i for one do not and would far prefer to trade Kendrick or Aybar or both, before dealing Trumbo

I feel you, but at the price of Trumbo? Eh. Miley, Skaggs are better options.

If it is one or the other, I absolutely agree. I think they could swing a package for both though, personally. Then they sign someone like Arroyo and go into 2014 with a rotation of Weaver, Wilson, Cahill, Arroyo, Richards/Skaggs/Shoemaker. That's pretty damn good if I do say so myself. At least, much better than 2013.

or maybe the plan is to keep him as there is no way we build a stellar pitching staff with whats out there right now and need the offense?

its only perfect if you think Trumbo should be moved... i for one do not and would far prefer to trade Kendrick or Aybar or both, before dealing Trumbo

Trumbo's production is pretty easily replaceable considering his position. I mean, I'd argue Corey Hart could put up a .740 OPS if healthy. Kendrick and Aybar both play above average defense at premium positions while also providing above average offense (for the positions). Defense is incredibly overlooked and considering the Angels just weakened their defense at 3rd, they are going to need all the help they can get in the infield.

I like Trumbo and I wish the Angels could keep him while upgrading the pitching but frankly you have to give up talent to get talent. I don't see a fit out there for a trade involving Aybar or Kendrick that would help the team as much as this potential trade would.

If it is one or the other, I absolutely agree. I think they could swing a package for both though, personally. Then they sign someone like Arroyo and go into 2014 with a rotation of Weaver, Wilson, Cahill, Arroyo, Richards/Skaggs/Shoemaker. That's pretty damn good if I do say so myself. At least, much better than 2013.

I agree. I just don't think Cahill is that good.

Instead of signing Aroyo why not use that money for Hart and Howell?

I agree. I just don't think Cahill is that good.

I think he's a younger Brandon Webb in the making. Good sinking, moving fastball. His control at times is a problem, other times he's right on point. Sometimes dominate on the mound, other times he's not, but not in a Joe Blanton down 6 runs by the 3rd inning type bad. He's the perfect #3 starter IMO.

You're undervaluing Cahill, Scott.

I like Skaggs, but he'd have to come with more, hopefully not Cahill. Anyway, Here's some interesting stuff I found in an article posted earlier this week

"Skaggs, though, probably doesn’t have the value he once did. Maybe this time last year, he could have been the centerpiece of a deal to acquire a proven starter or bat. But not anymore, according to scouts and executives.

“I don’t think you can make a trade about him,” an official with an American League team said in October. In a trade for an established big leaguer, “Skaggs would have to come with something,” the official said

The most alarming development is Skaggs’ diminished velocity, a dropoff that has been more than a year in the making. Late in the 2012 season, an American League scout brought up his reports on Skaggs from that year. The scout had been in attendance for Skaggs’ first start of the year in Double-A Mobile. Skaggs’ fastball topped out at 96 mph, sat at 93 mph. The scout saw him again in July, witnessing a high of 94 mph.

But late in the 2012 season, Skaggs began topping out in the 92 mph range, generally sitting around 88-91 mph with his fastball. That was the case, more often than not, throughout the 2013 season, as well, according to scouts. Per Pitch-f/x, his average fastball velocity has been 89.3 mph in his 13 big league starts."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/20131204arizona-diamondbacks-willing-to-part-with-pitcher-tyler-skaggs.html

Trumbo's production is pretty easily replaceable considering his position. I mean, I'd argue Corey Hart could put up a .740 OPS if healthy. Kendrick and Aybar both play above average defense at premium positions while also providing above average offense (for the positions). Defense is incredibly overlooked and considering the Angels just weakened their defense at 3rd, they are going to need all the help they can get in the infield.

I like Trumbo and I wish the Angels could keep him while upgrading the pitching but frankly you have to give up talent to get talent. I don't see a fit out there for a trade involving Aybar or Kendrick that would help the team as much as this potential trade would.

IF that were true, and it was easily replaceable thru FA, then he has no value and any team that would have interest would simply sign Hart.   Thats not a bag on Hart, just sayin why would anyone deal for Trumbo if they can just sign him then.

We have in house options to replace infielders...

Instead of signing Aroyo why not use that money for Hart and Howell?

I think Maronde showed he's back after a brutal start to the 2013 season and early on struggles in AA. I'm not sure we need a Howell type when we have internal options. Boshers didn't look too bad either.

I think Maronde showed he's back after a brutal start to the 2013 season and early on struggles in AA. I'm not sure we need a Howell type when we have internal options. Boshers didn't look too bad either.

I agree with this, though I have a man crush on Corey Hart (assuming his price tag isn't too high). 

Guys

Angels are giving up too much

I agree, though I do think any deal involving Trumbo will probably be interpreted by many here as a ".50 on the dollar" trade. I don't think that his value is terribly high. Of course, with extra OF's, the Diamondbacks could spare one to help out the bench and/or add a trade chip.  Also: don't discount the fact that 1) we'd be taking TWO potential SP's from them; 2) they would be taking more salary. 

Beat me to it, was thinking the same thing.

What is Arizona's MI situation like?

Would Yarbrough be a good fit?

I don't think so. They need a 2B now-- but they have other options, too. They have two SS in Gregorius and prospect Chris Owings who could, theoretically be a  SS/ 2B option. They could also make a move at 3rd and move Prado to 2nd. 

They have Aaron Hill who they just signed to an extension. No need for Howie.

I would trade Trumbo, Lindsey, Jepsen for Wade Miley and JJ Putz (he seems to have fallen out of favor).

Then sign Garza

1. Weaver

2. Wilson

3. Garza

4. Miley

5. Richards

Frieri

Putz

Smith

Burnett

De La Rosa

Kohn