• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The perfect fit - Dbacks looking for OF power bat

Angels seem to be working on Trumbo possible trade, according to Twitter. There are several teams in?

Skaggs is not enough, but they'll do Skaggs and Cahill or Skaggs and Miley. 

I'd have to think the Angels would be looking for young arms and the D'Backs looking for a prospect in return who sits currently at the lower minors. Have to think they're also looking for a young cheap closer-type.

@nickpiecoro: Skaggs is coming off down year. Velocity fell off. Angels have one bullet to fire and need certainty. @BillShaikin tweet makes sense to me.

While this makes sense, they shouldn't look at Skaggs in a negative light. He has a shit ton of potential and I would be ecstatic to have him as the number 5 next year. If this trade happened last year the Angels would be getting a top 20 prospect for Trumbo.

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. I really don't want to get disappointed.

I always keep my expectations low. I'm expecting: "The Angels have traded Mark Trumbo for Taylor Skaggs and Joe Blanton. Yeah, we know they already have Blanton and no one knows who Taylor Skaggs is, but they fumbled up the paper work and the commish is drunk."

Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Angels are "focused on" Trevor Cahill and Tyler Skaggs in their trade talks with the Diamondbacks involving Mark Trumbo.

Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reported earlier Monday that the Angels would not trade Trumbo for Skaggs straight up, but they do appear to like him as part of a package. The Halos are intent on adding at least one starter this winter, while the D'Backs want to add a power bat.