• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Absolutely can NOT trade Trumbo

New to this forum - I introduced myself in the Intro thread but quickly: I'm a Cards fan 1st, baseball fan 2nd. I've created my own analysis of the Cards entire season and am doing the same thing for Angels - have only done first 60 games (Jun 5).

I am absolutely amazed by how Angels fans on this forum want to trade Trumbo.

So I'd like to know:

1. According to my work he's 2nd to Trout in total offensive contribution ... Important - I'm only thru 60 games. Does he decline as 2013 goes on?

2. I'm not using any other numbers but my own (I'm experimenting with my own metrics) but the only fault I can see with him is that maybe he's slow/doesn't take extra bases? My work shows him even lower than Pujols in base running.

Either he's going to start falling off precipitously as I make my way thru the Angels 2013 season or he's your version of Matt Holliday ... the guy who contributes a lot more than the standard numbers show and fanbase realizes.

I'm really intrigued by this. Thanks.

1. Yes, and probably pretty dramatically when you're done.

2. No.

It's not so much wanting to trade him as much as pitching is such a low point and because of our roster make up (and factors you'll see with age, contract, numbers) he has value and is expendable.

New to this forum - I introduced myself in the Intro thread but quickly:  I'm a Cards fan 1st, baseball fan 2nd.  I've created my own analysis of the Cards entire season and am doing the same thing for Angels - have only done first 60 games (Jun 5).

I am absolutely amazed by how Angels fans on this forum want to trade Trumbo.

So I'd like to know:

1.  According to my work he's 2nd to Trout in total offensive contribution ... Important - I'm only thru 60 games.  Does he decline as 2013 goes on? 

2.  I'm not using any other numbers but my own (I'm experimenting with my own metrics) but the only fault I can see with him is that maybe he's slow/doesn't take extra bases?  My work shows him even lower than Pujols in base running.

Either he's going to start falling off precipitously as I make my way thru the Angels 2013 season or he's your version of Matt Holliday ... the guy who contributes a lot more than the standard numbers show and fanbase realizes.

I'm really intrigued by this.  Thanks.

You're in for a very unpleasent surprise for the final 100 games.

Really cool that you're working on your own metrics, though.

Scott34 - thanks, I'm really enjoying the work and hoping to present it at a local SABR group meeting soon.  Best thing I've ever done during a cold, boring offseason. 

The last 2 games I scored (61, 62) Aybar is no longer leading off.  All I could think was;  it's about time.

Would love to send a .pdf of my scoring/analysis but not sure to whom.

Don't want to hijack or divert the thread so I'm going back to work - game 63.

If Trumbo can avoid the lengthy slump when he's chasing pitches out of the strike zone, he'll be alright. 

Once is a random occurrence, twice is the beginning of a pattern.  I digs me some Trumbo but I think last year is what he is.  Of course, if he's traded I totally expect he'll turn things around.  That's just what happens.