• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Omar Vizquel is the Tigers' new 1st base coach

jshep

Ok we need to do a run down of coaching changes:

Manager: The Big Catorce

Pitching Coach: The Butcher

Hitting Coach: Don Baylor (new)

Bench Coach: Dino Ebel (new position)

3rd Base Coach: Gary Disarcina (new)

1st Base Coach: Alfredo Griffin

Special Assistant to GM: Rico Brogna (new)

We still are looking for as assistant hitting coach. Did I get those right? I feel like I'm forgetting someone.

We still are looking for as assistant hitting coach. Did I get those right? I feel like I'm forgetting someone.

You forgot:  AngelsWin ("Special Supervisor to the GM and Manager").

Another potentially solid bench coach/manager type down the road lost to someone else. Nothing like Scoiscia forcing all the competition out, first Bogar and now Vizquel, and I'm sorry but something smells in Denmark!

It isnt a thread without an AO overreaction. You literally have no clue if he is a capable coach or manager and it isn't like the Angels have been hiring coaches from the local little leagues to fill roles. 

Another potentially solid bench coach/manager type down the road lost to someone else. Nothing like Scoiscia forcing all the competition out, first Bogar and now Vizquel, and I'm sorry but something smells in Denmark!

Well, there is no denying that his influence in the defense was felt last year as the Angels put forth one of the greatest defensive seasons in recent memory...  No... wait, that didn't happen at all...

Much ado about nothing.

Probably saw that the hiring of DiSar blocks where he wants to go with the organization.

Good pick up for the Tigers.

Perhaps they could have him coach like Manny Mota did for the Dodgers -- for about two or three seasons after Manny Mota (one of the game's greatest pinch hitters) retired.......the Dodgers would add him to their September expanded roster..........the first time up after they did this, I remember he hit a clutch two run single against Houston that enabled the Dodgers to win a key game to keep them in the pennant chase (this was years ago -- perhaps about 1979-80).

With Vizquel, the TIgers -- or who-ever, could add him to the roster to be a late inning defensive replacement at 2B (Vizquel, one of the best fielding SS's behind the all time great, OZZIE SMITH, doesn't have the range for SS at 42-43).

Hybrid Jack of all Trades Eye in the Sky Coach:

Rick Eckstein

Fixed