• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This team is finished

FireThemAll

I don't believe in absolutes (i.e. the angels will never win, the sun will never shine, etc.

If you know baseball, you know teams often under-perform for a year or for multiple years and then turn things around. 

For example:

• 2013:  The Red Sox this year
  • 2010:  Texas after years of futility went to the  Series
  • 2008:  Tampa Bay Rays went to the Series
  • 2007:  Colorado went to the series
  • 2005:  The White Sox won the series

Of course, we're still wating on the Cubs.  According to Tommy Lasorda, God told the Cubs not to anything until he gets back.

Your hypothesis shows emotion ruling over reason.

To suggest we have no chance of winning next year is ridiculous.  It's true--we may not win, but to say we have no chnace, seems extreme.  

We have an owner willing to spend money (sometimes making questionalble decsions).  We have quality players who probably will have improved numbers in 2014 (Trout, Calhoun, Conger, Pujols, Hamilton, etc.). 

We will have at least 1 new starting pither who will join a formidible staff of Weaver and Vargas (who probably won't each miss 8 weeks this year, CJ and a maturing Richards.   

If you have that little confidence in the Angels with 4 motnhs to go before opening day, what's your motivation for being on this web site?

We have quality players who probably will have improved numbers in 2014 (Trout, Calhoun, Conger, Pujols, Hamilton, etc.).

We will have at least 1 new starting pither who will join a formidible staff of Weaver and Vargas (who probably won't each miss 8 weeks this year, CJ and a maturing Richards.   

that's IT...we need more pithers!

Weaver & Vargas, CJ, Richards...it's one thing to be optimistic, but labeling this crew as formidable/formidible is a huge stretch

as to quality players Pujols & Hamilton having improved numbers...perhaps, but these two are well into their sunsets with the probability of improvement diminishing rapidly

I sure did ruffle some feathers here lol. You guys keep believing in Arte Moreno, Mike Scioscia, and Mike Butcher...it's gotten us pretty far the last 4 years lol

Hard to take anyone serious who overuses acronyms. No reason to even start this pointless thread. 

I sure did ruffle some feathers here lol. You guys keep believing in Arte Moreno, Mike Scioscia, and Mike Butcher...it's gotten us pretty far the last 4 years lol

I'm glad you think you ruffled some feathers, more likely you puked up a few, LOL.

Sorry, but I just can't be positive. You can't go 3 straight historically bad offseasons (Wells, Albert, Hamilton), then just all of a sudden turn things around. Arte isn't smart enough to have a good offseason. We're done for as long as Arte is owner. Bottom feeders. Astros will finish ahead of them in 2 years. Feel bad for Trout, has to suffer through this. At least for him he can go to the Yankees, Phillies, or Dodgers in 4 years and get out from underneath this mess Arte has created. Next 8 years with Albert Pujols will be a failure. I can't wait to watch our 40 year old 30 million dollar pinch hitter that can't hit or run. That will be fun.

Not looking good.

media_preview.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.s

This team is far from finished.  We need some major upgrades, but I dont think were far away.  I still have confidence that Trout/Albert/Hamilton can be on of the best offensive forces in baseball when healthy.  I think a big question mark is what kind of production we are going to get from Howie and Trumbo moving forward, those 2 are going to be very important factors in the Angels success.

If we sign one more capable starter that can be a good number 3 or even 2, we could have a great rotation.  The bullpen could use at least 2 more good arms. 

How DARE Arte spend $$$ to try to improve the team.  Not everything always works as planned but that works both ways. NO ONE knows what is going to happen.  That is why the games are played.

Of course I do realize what the original poster was trying to do but there really are people who only go with the sure winner to pump themselves up.

Edited by Palomar

While I'm nowhere near ready to throw in the towel for next season and beyond, I do think the odds of success are relatively low.  I think a lot of posters on here are expecting Dipoto to pull a rabbit out of his hat this winter.  Comparisons to the Red Sox turnaround are dangerous, as theirs was much more about underperformance and injuries than it was lack of talent, and let's not forget they had the Dodgers bail them out of their awful contracts.  But their core players, including their rotation, were already on the roster (Buckholtz, Lester, Lackey, etc).  Angels have to count on players bouncing back (Pujols, Hamilton) AND have to find pitching talent.  I have hope that they can turn it around, but I recognize that's an uphill battle with not great odds.

Right. "Your opinion differs from mine, therefore you should be banned."  

Not quite, troll.

He's the dude that shows up to the party and talks about his divorce....constantly.

A lot of people have differing points of view that I'm glad they bring to the table.

This dude is the new R.Munkee.