• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Guns for Everyone !

After hearing about the shooting this morning, I began a pretty good debate at work with the following question:

If every person in the United States over the age of 18 was issued a gun, would the gun related crime rate go up or down ?

It's obviously an extreme example, but I think that if this were to happen that the gun related crime rate would go down.

After hearing about the shooting this morning, I began a pretty good debate at work with the following question:

If every person in the United States over the age of 18 was issued a gun, would the gun related crime rate go up or down ?

It's obviously an extreme example, but I think that if this were to happen that the gun related crime rate would go down.

Not so sure since I view most people as stupid. 

I am for the right to bear arms, but I do not own a gun.  I would not be comfortable with one.  I would likely make a mistake with one.

I would be dumb to suggest I should have one just as it would for me to suggest that someone who is sane and good with guns shouldn't own one.

If you dumped 200 million guns into the population you might have fewer crimes but you'd have a lot more accidents.

There are bad people in the world, but I also feel that there are a lot more good people. I definitely think that if more people were armed that the biggest shootings in recent years would have been avoided, or at the very least the body counts wouldn't be as high. The people that go out and commit these heinous acts do so with a good amount of confidence knowing that hardly anybody carries and they have at least as long as it takes first the first responders to arrive to accomplish what they want. Outside of that, I feel that crimes like armed robberies and the like would drop. I doubt that the people committing these crimes would be as quick to rush into a gas station if they were worried that the attendant and any number of patrons were packing. It's an effective deterrent. 

No, it would totally help.  It always does.   

Want less drug use?  Outlaw drugs.

Want less gun violence?  Put in more gun laws.

It's a very common sense approach. 

Ideally that would be the way to go but the huge majority of gun crimes aren't committed by people who obtain their guns legally, they're committed by people who get them from the drug dealer on the corner or by any other illegal means. Stricter gun laws won't affect them, they will only affect the law abiding citizens trying to get a gun.

i have no idea if crime would go up or down. won't even guess. but i will say that vigilantism will skyrocket. 

also, think about all the morons that get pissed off so easily when driving. you want to put a gun in their hands? or people like one of my family members who gets mad if the waitress doesn't bring him more salsa within ten seconds of asking for it. no thanks.