• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Put another "X" on the cops' guns

Yes walking around in public. A couple of his friends ride their bikes over to his house with their airsoft guns as well.

Hell I remember being a kid and having a fake M-16 that made shooting sounds when I pulled the trigger. Me, my brother and the neighborhood kids all had them. We even had camouflage pants that we got from the Army/Navy store in old town Orange. We used to play "war" in the hills at the end of our housing tract. Not once did I worry about the police driving up behind me thinking I was some sort of threat.

What would u and ur friends have done if the police had their weapons drawn and told you to put down ur weapons?

Yes walking around in public. A couple of his friends ride their bikes over to his house with their airsoft guns as well.

Hell I remember being a kid and having a fake M-16 that made shooting sounds when I pulled the trigger. Me, my brother and the neighborhood kids all had them. We even had camouflage pants that we got from the Army/Navy store in old town Orange. We used to play "war" in the hills at the end of our housing tract. Not once did I worry about the police driving up behind me thinking I was some sort of threat.

If that is true, they are stupid and putting themselves at risk. 

Ya, I had all of that too, played war in the neighborhood all the time but the world was a different place then. Of course I wasn't playing war or walking around with replica guns or shooting pellet guns in public as a teenager though. 

LMAO. It's hyperbole!

Hey, I'm only exaggerating the melodramic script that Notti is trying to pass off for reality in whatever day time soap opera he thinks he's living in.  He posts a link of some 11 year old kid who brings a gun to school like it's a proof positive indication that children in general are turning to the dark side, when in reality this recent adolescent "crime wave" is simply evidence against an infinitesimal number of children who were inspired by the massive media exposure heaped on the back of some original idiot for doing something so stupid and void of talent that even the most insipid copy cat criminal could emulate.  For whatever reason--maybe their parents ignored them or something--these boys decided that the attention they craved was worth taking a terrible risk.  This isn't just me making up theories.  Anybody who knows anything about the psychology of copy cat crimes knows that the media shoulders a large portion of the blame for producing them.  Or we could just pretend that children in general are turning evil.  After all, the latter concept would boost ratings.  I haven't really received a decent explanation (or any explanation, now that I think of it) from the media or from melodramatists like Notti in regards to why they think these crimes are happening.  All I ever hear are things like "what is wrong with this country!" and "what in the name of God is going to happen next!?"  I'd love--and I mean love--to hear either of them try to rationalize their concerns into a cogent sentence or two.           

Edited by saangels

no, you're inserting context that doesn't exist. You're drawing conclusions about the intent of his posts that isn't implied. No one is pretending that children in general are turning evil. That's nothing but a strawman.

As for the last bit of your post, I have no idea what you are getting at. Why should the media or Eric for that matter try to give you a "decent" explanation to why they think these kind of crimes are happening? What concerns should they be trying to rationalize? 

no, you're inserting context that doesn't exist. You're drawing conclusions about the intent of his posts that isn't implied. No one is pretending that children in general are turning evil. That's nothing but a strawman.

As for the last bit of your post, I have no idea what you are getting at. Why should the media or Eric for that matter try to give you a "decent" explanation to why they think these kind of crimes are happening? What concerns should they be trying to rationalize? 

Could you be any more vague or offer any less examples?  Listen, I gotta run.  As far as I'm concerned our conversation is over, lifetime.  As usual, I walk away from our conversation with the same feeling that I'd expect to have if I were to have slammed my head repeatedly into a brick wall.  I think it's pretty clear "what I'm getting at."  If Notti or any of the other melodramtists can't offer a decent explanation as to why they think these crimes are happening, if they lack the ability to rationalize their concerns, then what's the point of even engaging in a debate?  Why would anybody haphazardly fling a complicated opinion under the lens of a powerful microscope if not to endeavor to explain its most fundamental parts?  I don't expect you to understand any of this, lifetime.  Naturally you have no idea what I'm getting at.  That's fine.  Have a good night.   

The floor is yours, Notti.   

Could you be any more vague or offer any less examples?  Listen, I gotta run.  As far as I'm concerned our conversation is over, lifetime.  As usual, I walk away from our conversation with the same feeling that I'd expect to have if I were to have slammed my head repeatedly into a brick wall.  I think it's pretty clear "what I'm getting at."  If Notti or any of the other melodramtists can't offer a decent explanation as to why they think these crimes are happening, if they lack the ability to rationalize their concerns, then what's the point of even engaging in a debate?  Why would anybody haphazardly fling a complicated opinion under the lens of a powerful microscope if not to endeavor to explain its most fundamental parts?  I don't expect you to understand any of this, lifetime.  Naturally you have no idea what I'm getting at.  That's fine.  Have a good night.   

The floor is yours, Notti.   

Wow, that's a load of incoherent babbling SA. You are completely raising a strawman with Eric's post and then demanding an explanation of said strawman. Eric's point of bringing up the other recent cases of teenage violence was to rebut the argument that the police action was uncalled for because he was only 13. There was no implication that children in general are turning evil or any other larger issue. The melodrama is on you and your strawman. Same ol' chad. 

As usual Chad jumps in with booth feet without seeing if there is water in the pool.

The melodrama came from the OP by inserting guilt without any factual basis based on aa admitted personal predjudice.

The conversation evolved around the validity of the police acting as if there were a real threat and took reasonable action. As the OP spun off into wilder tangents some of the responses were focused on age accountability, that gun related crimes are not age specific.

We also discussed media innacuracies and how the same story is told different ways across the national media outlets including the describing the imputus for the event a toy instead of a look alike or replica of an assault rifle.

Somewhere along the lines you, Chad, decided to toss out all context in terms of how the thread progressed and inserted some incredibly rambling statement that was painfully impossible to read.

Good to have you back.

Edited by Eric Notti

So what it really comes down to is those who think it's just fine to fire 7 shots at someone because he turns toward the people yelling at him and those who think maybe, just maybe, there's a tiny sliver of possibility that there was a way to handle this that didn't involve instant death.

So what it really comes down to is those who think it's just fine to fire 7 shots at someone because he turns toward the people yelling at him and those who think maybe, just maybe, there's a tiny sliver of possibility that there was a way to handle this that didn't involve instant death.

Actually, that's not what it really boils down to. Nice over simplified spin though arch. 

"We also discussed media innacuracies and how the same story is told different ways across the national media outlets including the describing the imputus for the event a toy instead of a look alike or replica of an assault rifle."--Eric Notti. 

Where? 

If by "we" and "discussed" you mean "you" and "made one offhanded comment about," then yeah...i guess "we" did "discuss" media innacuracies and yada yada yada.

But you "discussed" media innacuracies only insofar as they related to the means of publication and the discrepancy between different types of guns.  I am trying to discuss yellow journalism insofar as it relates to copy cat criminals.  They're two completely separate issues.   

"This is the instant media age where the facts can wait, they need to get the story to the public immediately regardless if they get it right."--Eric Notti

That doesn't answer my question.  I'm not going to get sidetracked by circumlocution.  You have no problem posting articles about crazy kids with guns--but as soon as somebody asks you why you think these kids are doing this, or what point you're trying to prove by posting and citing these articles, you freeze up like a popsicle.  If you don't have an answer to the question, that's fine.  Just say so.  

Edited by saangels

Yep. Another way to look at it is its between people who think cops should be forced to get their head splattered open before returning fire and those who aren't ridiculous.

You should move to Khazakstan.  It sounds perfect for you.  It is virtually a police state.