• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Put another "X" on the cops' guns

There's plenty of reason to lie, yet there's no reason to assume they are in this case, outside of your usual preconceived notion of police. 

You're mind is made up MT. It was from the onset. You have provided nothing to support your assumption of police misconduct. So ya, I guess this discussion is pointless.

It's a dangerous world out there.  You can't run around pointing assault weapons at police.  You will be shot.

Back when we were kids we played army all the time. We would play with these:

mattel-m16-marauder-ad-square.jpg

marauder1.jpg

Cops were less trigger-happy then, but it was a less dangerous time.

Lawrence, this is the "toy" in question. The report has been resubmitted and they are now calling it a pellet gun.

_h0_w295_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg

I think it's probably an airsoft gun, not a pellet gun. Why did the police change their story anyway? Do they not know the difference or do they think "replica gun" sounds more threatening?

The police didn't change their story, the reporter didn't wait for the facts and posted assumptions. This is the instant media age where the facts can wait, they need to get the story to the public immediately regardless if they get it right.

And that is a replica of an AK47 in detail. Whether it shoots pellets made of metal or foam really doesn't matter at all.

Edited by Eric Notti

The police didn't change their story, the reporter didn't wait for the facts and posted assumptions. This is the instant media age where the facts can wait, they need to get the story to the public immediately regardless if they get it right.

And that is a replica of an AK47 in detail. Whether it shoots pellets made of metal or foam really doesn't matter at all.

Now you're just making shit up.

"Lopez's family called the gun a “toy,” but the Sheriff's Department's news release called it only a “replica” of an assault rifle."

Now you're just making shit up.

"Lopez's family called the gun a “toy,” but the Sheriff's Department's news release called it only a “replica” of an assault rifle."

I am not making any shit up. The report was filed inaccurately (see original news story headline then follow up where they change it from to toy to pellet gun) and updated and if you do a search you can read how many different versions of the story is being circulated through the media.

It was confirmed that it was a pellet gun that is a replica of an AK47. What the hell is wrong with your thinking process that the word replica is not truthfully describing the photo?

I can have a full sized replica Ferrari Datona built on a Chevy platform and it's not a Ferrari but most people at first sight are going to say it is. Same goes with a stupid pellet gun.

Edited by Eric Notti

I am not making any shit up. The report was filed inaccurately (see original news story headline then follow up where they change it from to toy to pellet gun) and updated and if you do a search you can read how many different versions of the story is being circulated through the media.

It was confirmed that it was a pellet gun that is a replica of an AK47. What the hell is wrong with your thinking process that the word replica is not truthfully describing the photo?

I can have a full sized replica Ferrari Datona built on a Chevy platform and it's not a Ferrari but most people at first sight are going to say it is. Same goes with a stupid pellet gun.

Here's the thing: I see a kid walking down the street out in the open with a gun like that, I automatically think it's an airsoft gun. They are immensely popular with kids that age and can be seen on the shelves of any major sporting goods/toy store. Sure the cops have to assume the worst but there is a common sense factor.

Also, if this kid didn't point the gun directly at the cops in a threatening manner then the officers either lack good judgement or lack good training. The dash cam will resolve this hopefully. If it's not released in a short manner then I will be suspect of the department's actions.

I doubt the dash cam is pointing at anything relevant. The officers would want the patrol car between them and the suspect. In another report there is supposedly a neighbor with a cam phone video of the officers behind the car with the kid on the ground behind them.

I doubt the dash cam is pointing at anything relevant. The officers would want the patrol car between them and the suspect. In another report there is supposedly a neighbor with a cam phone video of the officers behind the car with the kid on the ground behind them.

From everything I've read the cops pulled up behind the kid and used their doors for shields. I'm not sure if it was both officers who shot the kid or just one.

Here's the thing: I see a kid walking down the street out in the open with a gun like that, I automatically think it's an airsoft gun. They are immensely popular with kids that age and can be seen on the shelves of any major sporting goods/toy store. Sure the cops have to assume the worst but there is a common sense factor.

Also, if this kid didn't point the gun directly at the cops in a threatening manner then the officers either lack good judgement or lack good training. The dash cam will resolve this hopefully. If it's not released in a short manner then I will be suspect of the department's actions.

Common sense? How often have you seen a teenager walking around in public with a replica assault rifle air soft gun? It's not like it's common place. My teenager has one and despite its safety orange barrel tip (indicating it's non-lethal) he still knows he should not be carrying it around in public as it could easily be mistaken for a real gun.

It doesn't appear this gun had the safety orange barrel tip but even if it did, criminals have now taken disguising their real guns with orange tips to fool police so the police cannot take anything for granted anymore. They have to assume it's real and that there is a real threat. If the kid had responded properly to the order to drop the gun, he wouldn't have been shot.

Also, if an armed suspect is holding a gun, is ordered to drop the gun by the police, but makes a move toward the police still holding the gun, like turning to face the police, they should not be waiting to have the gun pointed directly at them before they neutralize the threat. Again, it's not just their lives that are at stake but anyone in the vacinity - known or unknown.

Edited by Lifetime

A neighbor of mine has one and I've seen him outside shooting cans with it. I've never seen a kid with an actual assault rifle though.

So not walking around in public. And the police have seen teenagers etc walking around or about to or in the process of committing a crime with AK47 or other weapons. Not commonplace but again, the police have to assume the weapon and threat are real. 

Edited by Lifetime

So not walking around in public. And the police have seen teenagers etc walking around with AK47 or other weapons. Not commonplace but again, the police have to assume the weapon and threat are real.

Yes walking around in public. A couple of his friends ride their bikes over to his house with their airsoft guns as well.

Hell I remember being a kid and having a fake M-16 that made shooting sounds when I pulled the trigger. Me, my brother and the neighborhood kids all had them. We even had camouflage pants that we got from the Army/Navy store in old town Orange. We used to play "war" in the hills at the end of our housing tract. Not once did I worry about the police driving up behind me thinking I was some sort of threat.