• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Verlander rips into Victorino

Troll Daddy

"I've seen pitches that he got hit on that were strikes," Verlander said during a formal media interview session. "So, I mean, I don't think you can worry about that. I think just whoever is the home plate umpire needs to be aware he's up there."

"Anything on the inner half, occasionally he's looking to get hit. He's up there, he's right on top of the plate. And his arms are over the batter's box and over part of the plate. If he doesn't get out of the way, there could be an occasion that it could be a strike and it actually hits him. That's something that I think that those guys [umpires] are aware of.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9825985/alcs-justin-verlander-detroit-tigers-says-shane-victorino-being-hit-strikes

This is bullchit!

signed,

David Eckstein aka the X Factor

Victorino is AJ Pierzynski

Jr. I remember when the Angels played Philly in their home park in 08. A ball was hit to the outfield wall and stopped slightly underneath the bottom of the wall. The ball was half exposed. Shane stopped and pointed at the ball, pretending that he couldn't get it out. The umps called it a dead ball. From that moment I did not like the guy. Verlander should call this guy out. 

Edited by DropOfAnaheim

Victorino is AJ Pierzynski

Jr. I remember when the Angels played Philly in their home park in 08. A ball was hit to the outfield wall and stopped slightly underneath the bottom of the wall. The ball was half exposed. Shane stopped and pointed at the ball, pretending that he couldn't get it out. The umps called it a dead ball. From that moment I did not like the guy. Verlander should call this guy out. 

The cut and paste kind of screwed with the structure of the post but hey, the spelling police can sleep well!

"I've seen pitches that he got hit on that were strikes," Verlander said during a formal media interview session. "So, I mean, I don't think you can worry about that. I think just whoever is the home plate umpire needs to be aware he's up there."

"Anything on the inner half, occasionally he's looking to get hit. He's up there, he's right on top of the plate. And his arms are over the batter's box and over part of the plate. If he doesn't get out of the way, there could be an occasion that it could be a strike and it actually hits him. That's something that I think that those guys [umpires] are aware of.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9825985/alcs-justin-verlander-detroit-tigers-says-shane-victorino-being-hit-strikes

This is bullchit!

signed,

David Eckstein aka the X Factor

Hell, every batter should do that if he's going to keep getting 6-8 inches off the outside corner.

I like Verlander.......and he's got a point.

Guys like Victorino crowd the plate.

If pitchers like Verlander brush him back with a pitch that is just off the plate to the inside and hit the batter, the pitcher gets a warning and is penalized......

this has got to stop.

they have to let the pitchers pitch again and if hitters crowd the plate not only will they get hit but it they fall back away, the pitch just might be a strike across the inside corner of the plate.

I'm with Verlander on this -- it's been nonsense for a long time.

these days, guys like Bob Gibson and Don Drysdale would get thrown out of almost every game and would certainly be constantly warned by the umps.